Jet boat

Discussion in 'LOCAL SOUTH CAROLINA TALK' started by SCcatfishing, Sep 27, 2009.

1. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    Does anyone here in sc own a converted ob boat to jet drive??? I'm thinking about using a seado 125hp motor and drive in a 17 ft alum boat... let me know!!:wink:

2. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Sounds interesting..... I can't help ya... but the idea should be fun to do.... Just plan on cleaning things out when you suck things up ....

3. SCcatfishing

SCcatfishing New Member

State:
    SC
    I thought about that also I'm in process of building one in the drafting auto cad program to see what results I get with side cone intake with a screen mesh.... or a long pipe intake down center boat.... If all that fails I will take the butt off a ski and engineer it to attach to the rear of the boat but that would interfere with drift fishing!!

4. stumphumper

stumphumper New Member

State:
    Ladson SC
    A few guys have built them around here for the Edisto River with mixed success. They work pretty well as long as they have deep water to get up in. If they try to get up in less than 2' the sand we have here plugs them up instantly. I would think that they would do better in the upstate. Just remember that most hulls are not made for the abuse that ones designed for jet propulsion are.