Jesus & The Mud Puddle

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by TDawgNOk, May 3, 2006.

1. TDawgNOk

TDawgNOk Gathering Monitor (Instigator)

State:
    Tulsa, Oklahoma
    JESUS & THE MUD PUDDLE (You gotta believe a 6 year old)

Howard County Sheriff Jerry Marr got a disturbing call one Saturday afternoon a few months ago.
    His 6-year-old grandson Mikey had been hit by a car while fishing in Greentown with his dad.
    The father and son were near a bridge by the Kokomo Reservoir when a woman lost control of her car, slid off the bridge and hit Mikey at a rate of about 50 mph.

Sheriff Marr had seen the results of accidents like this and feared the worst.
    When he got to Saint JosephHospital, he rushed through the emergency room to find Mikey conscious and in fairly good spirits.

"Mikey, what happened?" Sheriff Marr asked. Mikey replied, "Well, Papaw, I was fishin' with Dad, and some lady runned me over, I flew into a mud puddle, and broke my fishin' pole and I didn't get to catch no fish!"
    As it turned out, the impact propelled Mikey about 500 feet, over a few trees and an embankmentand in the middle of a mud puddle. His only injuries were to his right femur bone which had broken in two places.

Mikey had surgery to place pins in his leg. Otherwise the boy is fine. Since all the boy could talk about was that his fishing pole was broken, the Sheriff went out to Wal-mart and bought him a new one while he was in surgery so he could have it when he came out.

The next day the Sheriff sat with Mikey to keep him company in the hospital.
    Mikey was enjoying his new fishing pole and talked about when he could go fishing again as he cast into the trash can.
    When they were alone, Mikey, just as matter-of-factly, said, "Papaw, did you know Jesus is real?
    Well," the Sheriff replied, a little startled. "Yes, Jesus is real to all who believe in him and love him in their hearts."

"No," said Mikey. "I mean Jesus is REALLY real."

"What do you mean?" asked the Sheriff.

"I know he's real 'cause I saw him." said Mikey, still casting into the trash can.

"You did?" said the Sheriff.

"Yep," said Mikey. "When that lady runned me over and broke my fishing pole, Jesus caught me in his arms and laid me down in the mud puddle."

GIVES YOU GLORY BUMPS DOESN'T IT!

GOD WILL DO THE REST

2. tanner

tanner New Member

State:
    Somerset, Kentucky
    that's an awesome story tony! thanks for sharing! :lol:

3. LarryW

LarryW New Member

State:
    Abbeville Louisiana
    Nice post, and I belive it happened just as the boy said.

4. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
  5. FS Driver

FS Driver New Member

State:
    swansea,illinoi
    that is awesome:smile2:

6. slabmaster

slabmaster New Member

State:
    missouri
    i dont belive it! I KNOW IT!!!! its not his will that any should perish, But that all should come to repentence. good post T.

7. bigfish

bigfish New Member

State:
    Dunbar WV.
    awosome post. and i also know its true He has a plan for all of us and if it isnt to come and be with him not even being hit by a car going 50 mph is going to get you.

8. squirtspop

squirtspop New Member

State:
    Glencoe, Arkansas
    Great post Tony. I love to hear stories like that.

9. SilverCross

SilverCross New Member

State:
    Fairbury, Illin
    Thanks Tony, I agree with Mikey, different situation but yep he is there.

10. RIP

RIP New Member

State:
    Somerville, Tennessee
    Nice post, and I agree with Larry. Just as the boy said!

11. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Interesting......

12. Kentucky Boy

Kentucky Boy New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I definitely agree, I witness his works daily.

13. Cherokee

Cherokee New Member

State:
    Salyersville,Ke
    Ive read that 4 or 5 times and i i do believe what seems impossible with man is possible with GOD.

14. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    I absolutely believe that the little boy told the story just as it happened.

Eric

15. Ace

Ace New Member

State:
    Gastonia N
    I believe it 100%. God is able to do all things that man cannot do.

:cat:

16. ohiocattracker

ohiocattracker New Member

State:
    Cincinnati Ohio
    I believe it with all my heart.

17. ladyfish50

ladyfish50 New Member

State:
    Louisiana
    What a wonderful story, & thanks for sharing it. Major goosebumps!!! I think alot of times when we think they have "imaginary" friends, children are really just more in tune w/God's messengers. I had a friend one time whose child was supposed to be picked up from a ball practice. Somehow, through some mix up, the coach left, the parent never showed up & the boy was left. He walked over to a convenience store, & was found sitting on a curb. He was not at all frightened. When his mother arrived, frantic, & asked why he wasn't scared, he said "The angel told me to sit right here until you got here". He then described a large male figure w/long robe & wings! Gosh...God is SO GOOD!!!!

18. redneckdrum

redneckdrum New Member

State:
    kansas
    I'm gonna print this story & take it to church with me.

19. Sinker

Sinker New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Reads like a documented miracle to me!

20. trfoster

trfoster New Member

State:
    north carolina
    yep,goose bumps all over,Thanks Tony! great story!and i believe what he said.I also believe GOD & HIS ANGELS come to our children in there time of need and destress,One out look on it that i have is that man/woman is at its most purest & sinless form as children and dureing times of need & destress the GOOD LORD & HIS ANGELS come to them.I have posted in other post that i have a child who has spastic cerebral palsy and he is 7yrs old but has the mental mentality of a 4yr old.There are times that he will set and stare off in a corner of the ceiling or room and point and babble as if there is someone there,sometimes even laughing and giggleing.I say it is god or one of his angels come to play or watch over him.:big_smile: