Jerseycat has only 8 lives left

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by jerseycat9, May 28, 2007.

1. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Me and my buddy were driving on Saturday and were driving past the walmart when some drunk was heading back to the lake after a beer run. Well he blew right out of the parking lot at around 30mph and blasted the front end of the cherokee. W The jeep rolled twice and is now totalled. End result is I have a broken nose 4 broken fingers broken bone in my foot and swelling everywhere especially my head. My freind has a broken leg and so forth pretty much the same result as me. If we werent wearing seatbelts IM sure I wouldnt be typing this now. I wanted in the worst way to get out and kick that guys arse in the worst way but I couldnt unbuckle my seatbelt upside down with broken fingers. He is lucky I couldnt cause I was pretty swole lookin at my best freind in the passenger seat unconcious. So If ya dont see me on to much today or tomorrow Im probably laying down cause Ive had a massive headache coming and goin since then.

2. gcarlin

gcarlin New Member

State:
    Richmond ,Indiana
    SORRY TO HEAR ABOUT THE ACCIDENT,HOPE THAT YOU AND YOUR FRIEND RECOVER FULLY. DID THEY GET THE GUY?

3. jerseycat9

jerseycat9 New Member

State:
    Oakwood Georgia
    Yeah they got him a good fellow stood guard over him while we waited for the cops to get there. That way he wouldnt sneak off.

4. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    DAM! It sucks to be you! LOL! Glad everyone is ok. Ya just never know.

5. GatorT

GatorT New Member

State:
    Camden, South Carolina
    (Actually Mrs. Gator - waiting for my membership to come through)

Just wanted to give you my condolences. And it is amazing that you both ended up as well off as you did. I don't know you, my husband and I are new to the BOC, but are you usually so blessed?

And I think that it is very lucky for the other driver that your seatbelt wouldn't cooperate - I doubt that he'll get the justice that he actually deserves for taking the lives of other people so lightly. You both lived to tell about it, but no matter what they do to his driver's license, it won't equal the pain you and your friend are having to go through. If he's done something like this before, he may get in some real trouble. How 'bout keep us posted as to what he gets for doing this?

Here's hoping you feel better quickly.

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Wow, I'm sorry to hear about the accident, but am certainly glad that you are as well off as you are.

I've lost a couple of very good friends to drunk drivers, including my high school sweetheart. We can only pray that this guy understands what he has done and gets a good wake up call; too bad it'll be too late to help you guys.

Here's praying that you have a quick and complete recovery.

7. fish

fish Active Member

State:
    ChattanoogaTenn
    Good gravy Terry, we really hate that you and your friend got banged up like that. We are sure glad it wasn't worse than it was. Hope you heal quick and are able to get back out fishing soon.

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    Glad it wasn't any worse. Good luck to you.

9. Smuggo

Smuggo New Member

State:
    sc
    Get a good lawyer and seek compensation. You've lost value on your vehicle (prolly can't replace for what the insurance will give you) Med bills, lost time from work, pain and suffering. The list goes on and on.

I once was involved in a no-fault accident and the guy in the wrongs insurance offered me a $100.00 to not seek further damages. I told him that I was insulted by his offer (I was banged up too) and ended up with almost 10K to get my life back to where it was before the accident.

Hope you and friend have a speedy recovery.

10. pk_powell

pk_powell New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Terry I totally agree with Smuggo. There is absolutely no excuse for drinking and driving! He could have killed you both.Thank God He didn't.I wholeheartedly say get a good attorney and sue his hindend!! People have got to stand up to these drunk Drivers.Too many lives are injured and lost because of them.It makes me furious!--------Pat:crazy:

11. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Prayers are sent buddy, hope you heal quick. I have no respect for Drunk Drivers.

12. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Sorry to hear about this brother. I wish you nothing but the best in a speedy recovery.

I hope he gets what he deserves, if not here, on the other side of the river!

God's Speed

13. Wil

Wil New Member

State:
    Minden Nebraska
    talk about a close one eh brother? glad your mostly alright cept for a few bones n stuff.. coulda been a lot worse and thankgod you still got the other 8 lives left lol

14. r ward

r ward New Member

State:
    Kathleen G
    Yhere are several things I am sorry to hear about in this event the pain you are going through and the loss of your car also your friends pain but the worst thing is you have yet to get ahold of the drunk and give him what the law cannot. I will pray God keeps his hands on you for along time to come as he did at that time

15. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Man, that bites, Terry! I'm glad you're OK...sort of! I agree with Smuggo, go after him for all you can get, if for no other reason then to teach him a lesson. I hope he's well insured. I went through a similar situation a few years ago when a guy hit me head on and totaled my 4x4 van. He didn't have insurance and was driving a car that hadn't been registered in three years. All I got was $1400.00 out of it. He got his license suspended for 6 months. Make that sucker pay!

16. jbarnes17

jbarnes17 New Member

State:
    Commerce, Oklahoma
    I wish you a speedy recovery.

17. catman529

catman529 New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    one down, eight to go.... :lol:

glad you and your buddy are OK.

18. MR SANDMAN 800

MR SANDMAN 800 New Member

State:
    Kansas
    Sorry to hear about that man, glad to hear you're alright. Get better soon!

19. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Hope you are healing well buddy, just checking in on ya.

20. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Terry im glad to hear you and your buddy are okay. Take it easy and let us know how your doing. Not that getting busted up is okay, just happy it wasnt worse!!!