Jermain Taylor or Winky Wright?

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by SeedTick, Jun 16, 2006.

1. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Hey Brethren, Who's gonna win? Well, I'm an Arkansan so naturally I support JT but I think I would wherever I was from. He has the benefit in height, reach and age.

I don't think it will be easy because Wright is good. I hope JT KO's him in about the 9th round after dominating every round.

What do ya think?

8:30 CST on HBO

ST

Winky Wright Saturday night
    -------> :waaaht: :dribble: :beated: :beat_shot: :after_boom: :beat_brick: :surrender: :beat_plaster:

2. drc3

drc3 New Member

State:
    Cleveland TN
    Well.... I would have to say JT would win by decision. I don't think he has what it takes to KO WR, but the only two fights I have seen of JT's are the two fight with Hopkins.
    I have seen several of WR fights and although he doesn't hit that hard he does have GOOD defence. I think the judges will give it to JT.

3. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    Being from arkansas also im gonna have to say JT, although he did switch trainers months before the fight and is less experienced.

Winky has great defense but no knockout power and i think JT wants this so bad the only way to take him down is to KO him. JT's a wild puncher but hes aggresive enough to get away with it.

my opinion. . . jt dominates most of the beginning rounds and starts to loose in the end but the judges give it to him.

4. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Guys you both said something like 'the judges will give it to him.' Man I hope it don't happen like that. Ya'll are right though he will probably have the home field advantage but I hope he is the clear winner on this one.:0a32: It would help his reputation plus it would be a big boost mentally for him. I can hardly wait until tonight.

ST

5. I_try

I_try New Member

State:
    Central Arkansas
    I really hope he wins too Seed, alot of people doubt his skill and i dont know why. He beat Hopkins twice and then hopkins went up a weight class and wrecked antonio tarver (who has knocked out Roy jones jr in second round). That did boost up the betting odds for JT but alot of the experts were still skeptic :sad2:.

So hopefully JT will proove them wrong by knockin sleepy err winky wright out.

6. SeedTick

SeedTick New Member

State:
    Conway Arkansas
    Well, Crap! It was a good fight but JT didn't win. I guess a draw is better than getting beat and he did retain the belt but it didn't end like I wanted it to. There is always next time.

ST

:beated: :beated: :beat_brick: :beat_plaster:

7. SubnetZero

SubnetZero New Member

State:
    Sherman IL
    Good Fight.. Winky won it imho.. Though, he did piss away the 12th (even though Taylor didnt do anything either)..