jerk well e that is

Discussion in 'The BOC Diner' started by JERMSQUIRM, Jan 29, 2009.

1. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    making some snacks for this years fishing trips. always good to have some chews while fishing.

been busy this week cutting and curing meats again. making jerky.

got a few lbs dehydrated of cut and ground. ground turned out pretty good this time. made taco flavored.:eek:oooh: first time i made ground it wasnt very tasty. this time its pretty darn good.

heres some pics for ya all.

2. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well vaccum sealed a bunch of lil packs for fishing, hunting, & camping, trips.

got the ones on table done and the 6 trays are full of flat strips on now.:wink: and a pic of the cut jerky thats done and sealed.

3. rythymroach

rythymroach New Member

State:
    United States
    looks like I found another reason to go fishin wid ya:wink:

4. catfish chaser

catfish chaser New Member

State:
    miamisburg, oh
    send some of that here to PA lol

5. plainsman

plainsman New Member Supporting Member

State:
    minnesota
    Looks good, I'm hopin to find a dehydrator for a reasonable price so I can make some venison jerky. About the only cookin I can do besides make coffee.

6. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Looks good Jerm, probably tastes even better. That will be some good eatin while fishin or campin this summer. :cool2:

7. Catfish_Commando

Catfish_Commando TF Staff Member

State:
    Georgia
    I am going to have to try this myself.

Just got a dehydrator but haven't made a run at it yet.

Taco, huh?

8. bluejay

bluejay Well-Known Member

State:
    Napoleon, Mo.
    I have always done the slices. Never done the ground but I've been thinking about trying that. Smoked all of mine on the electric smoker this year. Think I like it better than using the dehydrator.

9. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    that looks pretty good.........

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    wife picked this one up (snackmaster jr with 4 trays) at a garage sale for $5. i got two new trays for 6 total now for $7. so i can do quite a bit at a time. still looking for a few more trays.

11. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Man what an idea! Looks yummy!!!

12. psychomekanik

psychomekanik New Member

State:
    Illinois
    You don't need a dehydrator. I've been making jerky in volumes for years and I finally got away from the dehydrator. They're too much work. It takes a number of hours to make a batch and you have to rotate trays etc, etc,. I bought stainless racks for the oven. Make sure you use no stick spray on them first. That's a fun experience if you dont. Turn it on to a little under 200* and it takes about 3 hours to dehydrate 2 large racks of meat. The ground meat and the guns make it a whole lot simpler too. Easy to weigh and mix, the jerky is uniform. so it's all done at the same time. I squeeze out strips onto the racks side by side and when it's done it'll be a big sheet. just fold it over and it tears off at the line.