Jeremy Mayfield

Discussion in 'Wolfman's Nascar Pit Stop' started by Phil Washburn, Jun 10, 2009.

1. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well, nascar today released info that said jermy tested positive for meth. jermy denies it and claims the test is flawed by overlapping results from two 'script drugs he was taking.....i hope he didn't take meth, because i like the boy. if he did, i don't want to see him in a car again.

if he didn't, i hope he pins nascars gonads to the wall and pounds them til their black and blue.

imo, regardless of outcome, nascar has been VERY heavy handed about this. if you pee them off and your name ain't earnhardt or gordon they spare no expense to take you down.

2. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    i agree with ya bro.it will be interesting to see how this plays out for sure.but im like you if NASCAR is wrong i hope mayfield takes Heltons job.or becomes half owner of nascar lol

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    Perhaps Jeremy needs to give some of that aggression producing drug To a driver named Earnhardt then he might finish higherr than 37th every week!!!!:wink::smile2::big_smile::crazy:Even if Mayfield never drives again he has a bright and very lucrative future.Not many folks can combine a double dose of Claritan and a drug for AHD and produce Meth.:smile2::big_smile::crazy:

4. Mike81

Mike81 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    I like Jeremy, but I hope whatever the real truth is dictates the outcome. I believe in innocent till proven guilty so I'll hope for him it's a bad test.... If he did actually do anything, it's a real shame to have that level of oppurtunity and give it up being stupid.....

5. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    If Jeremy did use meth and is fighting in court he is an idiot. Urine tests are not infallible, and if NASCAR had wanted to actually prove that Mayfield used meth they could have done that. Where are the more detailed drug test results? Urine testing is good for a first-screen, and a positive (or false positive) test over something like meth can be tested for specifically with its own meth-only test. Blood and hair testing is more accurate and don't leave the lingering doubt, why weren't these tests done immediately? By now the drug would have metabolized in his system and wouldn't be testable, so its too late. Now NASCAR has put the burden of proof entirely with Mayfield to prove that he did not use meth, which is impossible.

I don't know, something smells like rotten fish. In the court of public opinion, Mayfield is already crucified, and his only recourse may be civil court.

6. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    He will be forever tainted with this.Unfortunately I think everyone was caught totally by surprise!No one had any idea how to proceed after the initial positve test.It is NASCAR not the Tour De France!!:smile2::big_smile:

7. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I dont know, Its hard to belive someone thats been a part of his life forever would do such a thing. But on the other hand I have never been under that much Stress.I wish this would never of happened. Its a loose,loose kind of thing,no matter how it comes out.
    smokey

8. brinley45cal

brinley45cal Active Member

State:
    kentucky
    well i disagree with urine test being infallible. I took a drug test once and it came back posative and argued with them about it for over an hour then the lady to try to prove me wrong took her own test and hers ended up dirty to.ended up they had a batch that were not only bad but out dated,so when they got the new and up to date ones we both passed lol so there can be screw ups.I think for drug tests they need to draw blood or take hair samples,its more expensive but more accurate.

9. billNpam

billNpam Active Member

State:
    Alabama
    I hope I do not get hung from the nearest treee. But I am doubt full that two legal perscription drugs will give you the reading of Meth sounds kinda fishey to me. I think he is guility

10. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Prescription drugs can cause false positives, or so I hear. Ever wonder why you have to show ID when you buy some OTC drugs nowadays? The meth heads use that stuff to make meth. Too early to know whats really going on.

11. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    he might be guilty, Bill, but maybe not. from the start he was adamant about being innocent, and he openly stated nascar should make the results public.

i will say this tho: jermy is not a poor man, and if he is absolutely clean, were i him i would pay for my own follicle and blood tests. there remains a small chance that he tested positive because of ingestion by means unknown to him. i believe if he were dirty, that is what he would claim: that either a 'script drug/s showed up on a bad test, or someone spiked something he ate/drank.

i am hopeful he is clean and that nascar will suffer shame and humiliation over this. i suspect we will know in a few months...hope it doesn't drag into years.

if nascar is hiding something that is what they will do.....drag it out and break jermy financially if they can.

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    well, today the judge said jeremy can race this weekend...remains to be seen if he can afford to, but we'll see.

i am confident nascar will try to put jermy in the poor house over this.

13. smokey

smokey New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Phil, I belive that some drivers have said that they wont race on the track with anyone that fails "the test". This could get very nasty.
    smokey

14. greg

greg USCA - STAFF Staff Member Supporting Member

State:
    GA/ Ia
    personally I think it is true what they say about Mayfield. If he did it I am sure that he is not the only one, after all they are human to. and we all do stupid things.

15. Trevor1

Trevor1 New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    If NASCAR is proven to be in the wrong, then they're gonna owe Mayfield a hell of a lot of money, and right now it don't look good for NASCAR. But NASCAR hasn't looked good since they brought out the COT, it might as well be called IROC.

16. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Like I said, they could not prove Jeremy did anything wrong, they concluded that the likelihood for a false positive "was quite substantial", and thus the Federal Court said he can race. NASCAR's reputation is damaged by this, Mayfield's reputation is damaged by this, and if Jeff Gordon and Jimmie Johnson would be afraid to race and refuse to race with Mayfield as they have said in affidavits, NASCAR will be hurt worse. Nobody wins.

Hurray for Mayfield. I support him all the way. Now he needs to go to civil court and get the monetary damages they owe him.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/writers/tom_bowles/07/02/Mayfield/

As stated in the article above, any driver could potentially be in Mayfield's shoes:
    With no list of banned substances and no foolproof testing procedure, permanent damage to both their career and reputation is, to be blunt, one urine sample away.

17. DLB-in-GR

DLB-in-GR New Member

State:
    MI
    Jeremy Mayfield has finally spoken out. NASCAR has ruined him financially, and dragged him through the mud, vilified him, and can prove nothing. I read he's in talks to sell his team, he can't get a sponsor or a ride now. It's a witch hunt and they just want Mayfield's head. Here is the interview, a good read. NASCAR is one messed up organization. I believe Jeremy is right on. I hope the civil court jury sees it his way, and through the NASCAR inconsistancies and lies.

http://sports.espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/cup/news/story?id=4317400