Jeremiah Johnson

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by DANZIG, Dec 27, 2009.

1. DANZIG

DANZIG New Member

State:
    West Virginia
    Just got done watching "Jeremiah Johnson". Is there a better movie??

[youtubevid]3P-OuXbCKVs&feature[/youtubevid]

Del Gue: Jeremiah, maybe you best go down to a town, get outta these mountains. Jeremiah Johnson: I've been to a town Del.

You know The movie,, which character are ya??

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2009
  2. 223reload

223reload New Member

State:
    Oklahoma
    Well I did have a great likeness once upon a time as an avitar :smile2::smile2: Couldnt stand up to ole Redford tho,but it was close.:wink:

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009

3. cj7

cj7 New Member

State:
    AR
    Great movie hard to find though. It was made in 1972.

4. whiteriver

whiteriver New Member

State:
    in
    My favorite quote: "Are you sure you can skin Griz' pilgrim?" :smile2:

5. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Great movie hard to find though. It was made in 1972.[/QUOTE] It's been on the AMC channel all nite

6. TnRivershark

TnRivershark New Member

State:
    M,boro Tn.
    What is your name, Jeremiah
    No your Christian name? Johnson, Jeremiah Johnson
    Great movie, Hollywood and its endless funds can't top it and sure can't skin a GRIZ.:cool2:

7. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I rarely watch a movie more than once. This one however, dozens of times to the point I'm wondering if the disc will wear out, like the tape did.

8. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I watched it last nite too. Seen it a gazillion times. My favorite line is when he tells his squaw that he's a great hunter and a fine figure of a man, thats all she needs to know for now.:wink: Man after my own hart.:cool2:

9. Slatebar

Slatebar New Member

State:
    ohio
    I've watched it. It is a good movie but would be a lot better with someone besides Redford. I don't care for that tree hugging #$%^&*. :sad2:

10. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    I guess it's all in how you look at it. I agree that his views are not in line with mine, but he sure can act. It's the same with Ted Nuegent. I like his views, but am no fan of his music. Thus, I try to concentrate on what I like about them folks.

11. SHELLCAT

SHELLCAT New Member

State:
    Georgetown,S.C.
    great movie--they don't make em like that anymore--need more entertainment along those lines....

12. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Based upon a real-life trapper named John Johnston, nicknamed "Crow Killer" and "Liver Eater Johnston" for his penchant for cutting out and eating the livers of Crow Indians he had killed (several Crows had murdered his wife and he swore vengeance against the entire tribe).

Trapper John Johnston's body was buried in the Veteran's Cemetery in Los Angeles. After the movie came out, Johnston's body was reburied at Old Trail Town in Cody, Wyoming. Robert Redford was a pallbearer in the reburial ceremony attended by 2,000 people.

Was originally to star Clint Eastwood in the title role and to be directed by Sam Peckinpah.

According to the book 'Crow Killer', the Crazy Woman was a real person who had settled in the Wolf Tail Valley. After her children were killed and her husband taken captive, she remained in her cabin. Liver Eatin' Johnson, Del Gue, and Anton Sepulveda were among the mountain men who 'avenged' her. One popular story was that the mountain man known as 'Hatchet Jack' was actually her husband who had gone insane after being scalped and tortured by the Blackfeet when they took him away. It was known that Hatchet Jack had been scalped at some point in his life and that he was mentally unbalanced. Johnson refers to this when he tells the Crazy Woman that he cannot find any sign of her husband, but that he might return if he escaped from the Indians.

Liver Eatin' Johnston's wife (who was pregnant at the time) was actually killed by a random raiding party of Blackfeet not in revenge for a violation of their burial grounds. She was killed in the Spring while Johnston was off trapping and he didn't return to find her body until several months later. He identified the band that had killed her because he recognized a Tennessee rifle he had given her in the possession of a Crow warrior. Also, rather than isolated incidents as shown in the movie, Johnston often recruited other mountain men as well as Indians (particularly Flatheads) to help him with his vendetta. The part about the warriors sent to kill him and told not to return without his scalp was true.

My favorite line?
    John's fav:

Last edited: Dec 28, 2009
  13. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Forget it John!

First off, you could never get Cher down to only speaking one syllable and even if you could, it would be "NO!"

It's perfectly okay to dream about such things, though.:wink:

14. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I watched it a couple weeks ago. It's one of my all time favorites.

15. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    and Kutter KNOWS me well! LOL! NO!

16. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    You know her well Tom.:smile2::smile2::smile2:

17. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Wheres them there "Crow" when ya need them? Dang near enough to drive me to some "Old Crow".:wink:

18. catter62

catter62 New Member

State:
    texas
    Mine was something like, "Skin this un and I'll bring you another!"

19. Welder

Welder New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I wonder if in that age IF would have been out there. I have lil taste for civilization. I have been in the high country and luved it.

20. CuzICan

CuzICan New Member

State:
    Fayetteville, A
    Catgirl, CountryHart, DANZIG, fishstick, Netmanjack, pk_powell, plainsman, Pondwater, waynesburgjay

Allright now I 've made a list of all y'all thankin him for that and I am gonna get ya!