jelouse of blue catfish

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by slikk03, Jul 26, 2009.

1. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    it seems i get a little jelouse seeing theese big blues on avatars, i hope i can loand a 50 pounder this year,from the bank its killin me lol:angry:

2. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    i lack the gear, to get em from the bank, i go after them once a month, flatheads three times a week,blues are a 3 hour drive from me i can get 80 pound flats 15 minits from my house, i loose most of the giant flats in snags

3. arkrivercatman

arkrivercatman New Member

State:
    KS
    Id be willing to bet that some of the "blue guys" are jealous of your flathead.:wink:
    You see more blues than flatheads because there are more of them and they are more willing to bite. Fishin for flatheads drives alot of people crazy.:smile2: Too few fish for so many hours.
    Well worth the wait.:cool2:

4. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    yea its strange, im in a bad area for banking blues,im going to load up on bait in 2 weeks and hit the missisipie ,for blues agian, this time, ill learn to use a mono leader, and cast out farther and i might camp until i land at least a 30 pounder,i dought theres many boc guys thats jelouse of my flats, i mean, i got a 30 42 and a 50, and a25 and alot of 15s in the last 12 months,but looking at other avatars it puts me to shame lol:smile2:but i gues thats part of the thrill the drive to get one

5. MrFlathead

MrFlathead New Member

State:
    Il

Jacob you need to lower your standars dude! You cant just hope to go out and get a 50lb blue your first year of fishing for them, give it a couple years and several babies before you get your hopes up like that! You have only caught like 2-3 blues so far in your life. Just like the flatheads, how many years and babies did it take you to get one even over 20lbs?

Lower your standards, your setting yourself up for dissapointment!

6. metalman

metalman Well-Known Member

State:
    IN
    Name:
    Winston
    Slik,
    If I could get an 80lb flathead 15 minutes from my house I wouldn't care if I never caught another blue...W

7. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    I MIGHT NOT HAVE TIME,LOL:eek:oooh:

8. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    YEA, I GOT A CHACE FOR 80 POUNDERS HERE,JUST GET SICK OF THE HOOD ITS IN LOL,ITS A GANG INFESTED DAM IN THE CITY

9. BIG_D

BIG_D New Member

State:
    Batchtown IL.
    i kinda wonderd y you was so woried about a blue with the flats you get i dont blame you i wouldent want to fish and have to look over my shoulder all the time thats not cool

10. slikk03

slikk03 New Member

State:
    illinois
    LOL WELL ITS NOT THAT IM AFRAID ITS JUST NOT RELAXING, PLUS BLUES ARE A NEW THING, REMEBER WEN YOUR A KID AND YOU GET A TOY, WELL YOU STILL LOVE IT BUT YOU START WANTING SOMTHING BIGGER AND DIFFEANT, WELL THATS HOW I AM WITH BLUES, I NEVER GOT THE THRILL OF LANDING A 30 PLUS BLUE, I HOPE I CAN THIS YEAR, EVEN IF ITS JUST ONE A YEAR, ID BE HAPPY,:smile2: I LIKE THE WAY THEY LOOK AND I THINK THED BE MORE FUN THAN FLATHEADS,I GOT 2 A 15 AND ITS COOL BECOSE THEY FIGHT BUT ITS MORE RELAXING BECOSE THEY SURFACE ISTEAD OF SNAG YOU ALL THE TIME