Jeez Louise, stop the "frenzy".

Discussion in 'Guns - Blackpowder' started by bootshowl, Sep 2, 2009.

1. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I can't buy ammo herebouts, my dealer closed, and the 3 that I've talked to, said we started it ourselves....Yes, WE, started the demand, and the willingness to pay twice what it's worth.
    So will you guys please start storing water, food, medical supplies, etc that really might be needed, long enough for the rest of us to get a couple of boxes of shells?
    You don't have to be at the truck waiting for the shipment...and you can't eat bullets.
    Also I've yet to meet the man who can fire more than two guns at a time. So you don't need to own 35 or 40 guns. I met a guy last week who was complaining that he only had 52, and was disparing that he just couldn't locate any more AR's.
    If'n we'd just stop for a bit, the prices will go down, DUH.
    :eek:oooh:

2. iabowhunter

iabowhunter New Member

State:
    South East Iowa
    I agree 100%! It's pretty bad when you can't go to china-mart and pick up a box of .22's

3. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    yep, flutterby and I have a pair of .38 spl. TGIR.(thank god I reload)
    A pair of .22 semi rifles, can't find decent ammo.
    A pair of 20 gauge single shots and a sks.
    Looking for a new barrel for my 12 gauge, for slugs.
    Shotgun only deer season. was quoted 1500. for it.
    I saw about 20 turkey in the church lot the other day,
    may have to attend one of their services.

Ex-Bill was in town the other day. Plates were going for $5,000.
    We wanted the 5.00 ones like kfc has. So we didn't go to hear him.
    Kan't find a decent price for reloading componets.

We are selling all we have at the range, BUT, we don't have what some want.
    But send me a pm and I'll see what we have in oncefired brass.

4. massa_jorge

massa_jorge New Member

State:
    TEXAS
    i agree 90%. i'll own as many guns as i want! :wink: when i die, the whole fam damily is going to be armed to the teeth!

Last edited: Sep 3, 2009
  5. cantstopgrandma

cantstopgrandma New Member

State:
    MD
    I haven't been able to find a brick of .22lr for months now.

I agree you cant eat guns or ammo, but with guns and ammo you can get food.

People are buying up ARs because if they get banned, the resale will automatically DOUBLE overnight. If i had a couple extra thousand laying around, i might buy a couple (but i've always wanted a "black gun" anyways). These guns aren't losing their value anytime soon.

I kinda think its not just the doomsdayers stocking up on ammo that is causing a problem. Everybody is having trouble finding ammo, so when they find it they buy it, cause you dont know when you'll see it again. I've done this a couple of times lately, 'cause its been months since i've seen certain kinda/types of ammo.

You cant have too many guns....its not possible. Thats like having too much fun, or money.

6. canebreaker

canebreaker Well-Known Member

State:
    Southaven,MS
    "I haven't been able to find a brick of .22lr for months now."

The last box of .22lr I had would jam, not eject, about every 3rd or 4th one.
    A box of 550 winchester's for 27.00. Cheaper to shoot the .38spl's.

7. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I posted this, as it started with me trying to understand what the heck happened and I also remember the "primer" scare we had a few years ago.
    Guys are still stuffing the stockpiles they bought, and trying to sell em to get fresher ones.....It was bull. There were plenty of primers, but a panic "buy" caused the shortage.
    And I really did speak with 3 owners, and they all said the same thing. WE started this shortage too. They are putting limits on how much each customer can buy at a time, but they say the same guys, are there when the truck pulls in, shipment after shipment. Word up, is these clowns are even renting storage facilities, as they don't have room anymore to keep it at home and are literally stockpiling in rented units.....
    I'm sorry, but I think this is just "dog nuts"....and I hope these clowns end up losing their butts when the dust settles.
    It's the same old deed equals the greed.
    :eek:oooh:

8. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I finally got to talk to the sporting goods mgr. at the China Mart saturday. He can't up his inventory, but did say that he gets 30 boxes of 550 round 22 Remington, and 30 boxes of 550 round 22 Federal, and it doesn't last but a couple of hours. He's not allowed to limit the quantity per customer. If a guy wants the whole pallet, there it goes....and he said that he hasn't had to put any in the shelves, since Obama was sworn in. He just said I stand here all day, telling folks I'm out, but the same three guys show up every morning at opening. He's started putting it out in the evening, to give other folks a chance, rather than stocking in the am as he used to.

So you guys might start wanting to check of the evening, as the guys stockpiling are showing up every morning. You got a couple of hour "window", ta get lucky.
    :roll_eyes: