Jeez, How Much is Your Ammo?

Discussion in 'Deer Hunting' started by kat in the hat, Nov 12, 2008.

1. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I picked up some ammo for my .300 Win. Mag. yesterday. I about had a heat attack when I saw the prices. $50 a box! I didn't pay that because the convenience store that I bought them at happened to still have some marked with last year's price of $26.93. I checked at Wal-Mart, and Bass Pro, and I got the best deal around. Guess I'm gonna have to make this box last a couple of years. Just think, Obama isn't even prez. yet, and it has doubled in price in a year.

2. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Actually it has jumped in price since the election!!!!! My father was at a gun show in Nashville the other day and he said that everyone was buying up guns and ammo and that some of the guns had almost doubled in price as well as the ammo. Its fixing to get bad for guns owners.....JMO:crazy:

3. oh no

oh no New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Could it be like the Oil companys???? Whatever the market will bear. More folks are stocking up so why not make a healthy profit.

Maybe by next summer, prices will have cooled off some.

4. lance

lance New Member

State:
    kentucky
    Guess 1 reason to have a 30-30 !:wink: Bought a box at sportsmans warehouse because it was conveiant but still.... 21.00 a box . :angry_2:hope I don't miss for 5 years . !

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    That's why I like the 30-06 and 30-30. For years I listened to my buddy telling my how great his .300 Weatherby was, while he paid $30-$40 a box for ammo. I just bought a box of 30-06 for $12.87. I can reload them for about $6 a box.

6. roondad

roondad New Member

State:
    ill.
    change is good! paranoid ? :cool2: don't worry be happy, you all we just got an administration that has proven we cling to our guns and the retailers are taking advantage of it... p.s. I reload.:wink:

7. on_the_fly

on_the_fly New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I bought a new box today from wal mart for my 270-- Remington express core-locks 150 grain a box of 20 for $15.47 + tax. I didnt think it was bad the winchesters were 32.89 I think now thats a little high for me.
    If my shells cost 50 bucks I would not fire my gun unless there was something or someone in front of it. that price is too high for me to just target practice.

8. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent

Yea, got one that don't like them at all....

Price is over board ever where I guess, Buddy in FLA said this morning he went to SGW and they were about out of everything...... I know the range has not been this full in a long time.
    Maybe a better market in Bullet lead than fishin eh? lol

9. trapperP

trapperP New Member

State:
    Georgia
    This thread brings up a point - I have good bit of ammo for which I have either sold the gun or used when assisting someone sight in their gun, etc. - some 22 Win Mag, 41 Rem Mag, 280 Rem, some 338 Winc, a box of 38/55, etc. Qty's would run from handful to several boxes. I could make up a list if need be.
    Now, how can I go about swapping or selling off this stuff for which I have no need? I don't think you can mail it via USPS and it probably would costa small fortune to ship it FedEx orr UPS - so does anyone have any ideas?

10. fishnfwl

fishnfwl New Member

State:
    South Cent
    Just don't advertise what is in the box when ya send it :wink:

11. Kutter

Kutter New Member

State:
    Arnold, MO
    Federal 7mm Rem Mag ballistic tips = $48
    Remington 30 -30 = $12

Weird

12. john catfish young

john catfish young New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Hang onto it for a while yet and watch and see what the price does after the New Office takes over......then sell it as prices go through the ceiling and retire a rich man.....:smile2::smile2::crazy:

13. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's what I think too. I don't shoot some obscure round. I did see cheaper ammo. Alot os it was around $24-$28. I think it's mostly a scam. Glad I found some cheaper, and they have several boxes at that price left. Guess I just have to make every shot count. 20 deer if I don't bump my scope. :wink:

14. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    In the last 5 years I have seen the round I shoot, win supreme silver tips, go from $28 a box to $38 a box. I know the price of metal and steel have gone up but, that is ridiculous:eek:oooh:

15. whodaman

whodaman New Member

State:
    Des Moines Iowa
    i shoot my 9mm alot and its 20 bucks for a box of 100 for 9mm luger. even 22 lr has gone up i could buy 22.lr for a 1.50 and now its over 3 bucks for 100 at walmart. times are bad thats for sure

16. Mi11er

Mi11er New Member

State:
    Independence, M
    Ya, I think it is time to get into reloading

17. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I been shooting hand loads for years. Not because of the $$$ actually, but the accuracy i get from them. I bought a buddie a box of Rem. 7mag shells last week and give 25 bux for them. Hate to see what federal premiums cost for it.:confused2:

18. katfish ken

katfish ken New Member

State:
    Paintsvill
    I've been reloading for years. It seems they shoot a tighter group than factory ammo. But with prices going up as they are the $$$ is going to become a big factor now.

19. ozzy

ozzy New Member

State:
    Lost Wages
    I just picked up a new rifle today and wally world had .270 for as low a 12.67 a box for remington, alot cheaper than Dicks, BPS or Sportmans warehouse.

20. tkoehler

tkoehler New Member

State:
    Nebraska
    went to wal-mart and paid $ 16.00 for my 30-06 in winchester super-x. havent noticed any prices going up hear in nebraska... YET thanks to anyone that voted for the democrats