JD or Kat in the Hat

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jul 2, 2007.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Hey you two handsome meat guys. We have a little get together game feed coming up. Gotta clean out the freezers before the next go around. Coon, possum, elk, deer, beaver, game birds and on and on. Two rules we have is that it not be roadkill and the dish must be labeled (prob. a bad idea). Anyhow could you guys get me a case of Rocky Mountain Oysters? I wanna use them as an appetizer. Beef, pork, or turkey would be OK. UPS will prob. ship them if you don't label the carton. Thanks (hey you)

P.S. send a case to DreadedKnight (AKA Dreadnaught) too.

2. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Are you being serious? It's no problem getting you the hog fries, but shipping them to you would cost almost as much the oysters themselves. UPS will ship them, but they have to be in an insulated container with ice packs. I think they cost about 15-20 bucks+the cost of shipping. Last time I checked, I think hog fries were $3.99/lb, and come in a 10# box. Where in Iowa are you, maybe you could just meet me in Kirksville Mo., that would probably be cheeper, and faster. I'll do some investigating.

3. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Pretty cool avatars guys.

4. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Ok! What's with the Handsome meat guys comment? I'm startin to wonder bout ya!:smile2:

5. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    Me too!:eek:oooh: I hope it's just a tad of jealosy. LMAO!:wink:

6. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    allright john, i aint sure if i am the right j.d. or not...

but, i have thrown a few hawg jewels in an ice chest before. during the 2 and a half month hunting season we have down here i work at the hunting camp that my company owns. i entertain guests (customers) put them on the stand clean the various deer and wild hawgs squirrells fish whatever. (i get to hunt with them too, so im not a total errand boy). we have a lot of customers in miss. that eat those oysters. i can ship you some out but, it will have to wait untill the fall when we go back up there. it figures of all the delicacies in the world you want nutz. lol!

7. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Baitchunker: Where do you get that many hog gonads? You got a pig factory close by? Speaking of gonads, how do you like working with those customers? I lived in an area many moons ago where I had to deal with "customers" also. Private hunt clubs, yacht owners, country club types. That roll they had in their pockets wasn't quarters or anything else for that matter. It was a roll of $100 dollar bills which they freely let you see. I got along with them for the most part, but at times it got a little thin for me. I was glad when I headed back to Iowa.

8. baitchunker

baitchunker New Member

State:
    alabama
    well thats a good question. it really all depends on the group. some of the groups that come up are arrogant rich guys with more toys than sense. but, we have some good groups too. guys that built up there lil lumber yards from scratch into something worth being proud of. it can be challenging for sure. specifically going from a group of binge-drinking cussing hoot-n-holler type rednecks--to a group of quiet polite bible thumpers. no offense. i tend to prefer the groups we get that come up and treat me like i am just as important as they are. i know one old man that comes up every year who has never to this day let me clean his kills for him. he could buy and sell everything i own with his pocket lint, but he doesnt show it. we have had a few famous people up there before. one famous musician, one semi famous pga golfer. both guys were surprisingly nice. what i have started noticing is that a mid 30's 40's guy with a couple 100 G's thinks he is hot stuff. guys who had to work hard for the money they have are humble, and usually more wealthy. the best advice that i have had about dealing with "customers" actually came from my boss on the first trip up there. he said" i dont care who comes up here or what happens you dont take sheet from anybody.... the customer is not always right, but they are always the customer".

the gonads? we have a huge population of wild hawgs running around.

9. ratkinson

ratkinson New Member

State:
    NY
    I'm not sure how you guys haven't had someone pull this post. I had a thread a few months back asking what the strangest thing you knowingly or unknowingly ate was. I talked about a wild game dinner where I ate..... well I guess if you call them rocky mountain oysters, gonads, or nutz....its ok ...just don't say testicals because thats inappropriate for young viewers.
    :smile2::smile2::smile2:

10. kat in the hat

State:
    Missouri
    We're talking about food. What's inappropriate about that? Hog fries is what I call them. Never ate them, but I love turkey fries.

11. bwillaub

bwillaub New Member

State:
    missouri
    :0a30:
    I think I'll pass on all those, guys. I prefer things sweeter and softer.

Hey matt......how bout dem worms?

12. Phil Washburn

Phil Washburn New Member

State:
    Shawnee OK
    actually, you needn't worry about special packaging for shipping.
    put a few lbs in a small box and send via UPS...if it spoils a little during transit, so what? the guy that will eat those to start with is gonna lie to his masculine buddies across the table and tell them it is good:smile2::smile2:

13. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Good lord! You guys are eating hog nads? Excuse me, I think I will pass on this entree!:crazy: