Jasper, TX here we come...

Discussion in 'LOCAL CALIFORNIA TALK' started by Badfinger, Aug 25, 2009.

1. Badfinger

Badfinger Guest

Left the Inland Empire yesterday early am and just pulled into Oklahoma City at my cousins house to crash and get some sleep. Tomorrow he is taking me to a lake he knows of and will be fishing for cats all day long. I plan on being here until Thursday and then going to ride doun to a friends home in Jasper, TX. and should be there for a couple of days as we haven't seen each other for about a year. If everythings goes per our plan we are going to be heading across the golf states and into Florida. I will be keeping my California buddies updated as often as I can.

Later,
    Badfinger

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 25, 2009
  2. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Right on brother. Keep us posted to the places you go. Look forward to your post:wink:

3. SGTREDNECK

SGTREDNECK New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Sounds like a fun trip to me. When the rocket is paid off, I will be getting a harley to take longer trips on. After about 3 hours on the cbr i am ready for a break. Have fun.

4. CatMan(Cali)

CatMan(Cali) Well-Known Member

State:
    Fresno Californ
    Let us know how the fishing and trip goes. I've heard of some GIANT blues down there in Texas.:wink:

5. Badfinger

Badfinger Guest

We just got home. We got to Lake Hefner just off hwy 44 early Friday am, after fishing ALL day until mid evening we caught 11 cats weighting from 2 - 5 lb and the largest was 11 - 3 lb. All but 1 of the cats were C&R'd (Brutus has never seen a live catfish before..... wasn't pretty). Tomorrow I have to get a new cell phone..... Don't ask!! I plan on being here until Sunday and then on to Jasper.

For of you may ask Brutus is my Rot and he is riding in the sidecar next to me. I have him in a harness when ever he is in the sidecar riding with me. So far he has ridden around 60,000 - 75,000 miles with me. I am on the 3rd motor since I have had my Harley. I think Brutus is ready for a nap as it ws a very long day.

Tight lines and goodnight.

Badfinger

PS. My cousin and I were both using cut shad and cut shinners along with this bait that my kid brother gave me from Amazingfishing.net called "XXX BLOOD DIP". Man this stuff kicks some serious butt. Just take your cut bait and dip it into this stuff and the fish won't stay away. Man if you have not used this stuff you have to get it. My kid brother was saying he got it from a guy named Bigwillie. I have got to get some more of this stuff. We used about 1/2 of the container... Hope I can get ahold of this guy to get some more. Heck I have used all types of stinkbait and dipbaits but this stuff out fishes them all.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 28, 2009
  6. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Jack welcome to the BOC , Stay safe.

7. Novaxs

Novaxs New Member

State:
    Oceanside Ca.
    I have heard good things about that dipbait before. Bigwillie lives in Socal. Most of his products are tuned to catfishing. He has some nice rod holders for bank/shore/jetty fishing.

Sounds like your trip is going awesome (minus the phone). Your dog must have a blast in the open wind of your side car. Does he have his own goggles?

Be safe!

8. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Thanks for the report Jack:wink:

9. Badfinger

Badfinger Guest

Sorry guys haven't had much time to post, been fishing every day. There is a lake out of Jasper named "BA Steinhagen Lake". It is a really nice lake. We caught a lot of Crappie, Largemouth Bass and of course a whole sh!t load of Catfish. We had a real nice Bar-B-Que. My buddies wife and their family knows how to put on a spread. Food was AWESOME and can these women cook. Heck if any of my ex's could cook like these women I might have just kept one of them :smile2::smile2::smile2:. I can tell you this I don't think I could eat another fish for a LONG time. Will be on my way back to Apple Valley on Monday. I think Brutus misses the chickens and goats and chasing the jackrabbits. But I think this may be his last long trip. He has been sick for a couple of days but he appears better this morning. Well it's late and we are taking a nice ride down to Corpus Christi for a couple of days and then say my good byes and start heading home.

Badfinger :big_smile:

10. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    Nice report Jack. I hope Brutus feels better:wink:

11. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    Jack great report and i'am glad that brutus is feeling better .,Stay safe bro.

12. gilmafam

gilmafam Well-Known Member

State:
    California
    Thanks for the post "badman"... you're missing all the smoke in apple valley.... off to the west the mountains are burning....

Be safe on the way home....

13. Badfinger

Badfinger Guest

Well I'm back in town now, got my bike back form the shop less the sidecar. Real quick, on the way through Arizona approx 100 miles east of Tuson I was sideswiped by a Dodge dullie hauling a 22' horse trailer. The sidecar is GONE along with EVERYTHING in it. The driver told the highway patrolman that he did not even see us. So after 3 days in the hospital and waiting 2 weeks for my bike. I am home now and Brutis will always be with me (on my mantle). I know that we can't live forever and loosing my best friend is very hard. I have had him since the day he was born, as I owned both of his parents. They were both attacked when Brutis was around 3 months old by either a bear or coyotes I was never for sure. I used to live in Northern California in the Placerville (around 50 miles northeast of Sacrmento).

Hopefully I will replace Brutis and the sidecar and I will fill somewhat whole again.

Anyway that is it for now. Just have to start replacing my fishing things I lost.

Badfinger

14. desertcatrat

desertcatrat New Member

State:
    Palm Springs,a.
    sorry to hear your loss, hope you make it up and have the good memories to move you along
    hang tough,
    ftw, the cat rat

15. Catpaw

Catpaw Well-Known Member

State:
    Central Cail
    Name:
    James
    WOW Jack so sorry to hear that kinda new's brother,Stay safe.

16. daystarchis

daystarchis New Member

State:
    Clovis Cali
    WTF? Brutis is gone. So sorry to hear this Jack:sad2: Glad you are OK:wink:

17. rrssmith

rrssmith New Member

State:
    Bakersfield
    sorry to hear about brutus

18. etexun

etexun New Member

State:
    Texas (Nea
    Jack, Bother I am very sorry to hear of your loss. I have a fishing buddy that likes to go with me everywhere. He sits up in the boat next to me and wears his little jacket. Some people may not understand but I do. I just wanted to say I am very sorry to hear of your loss. He was a BOC brother in spirit and will be missed.