January 9th, 2008 Fishing Report

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by rspd507, Jan 9, 2008.

1. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Walt Vinson (Enfausen) and I hit the river today around 1:00 P.M. for some catting. We started the day off in a shallow flat area of the Ohio River using cut frozen skipjack. We were not there long before I landed a blue around 4 pounds. We had few other bites here when decided to move down river. Before setting up, we were able to catch several nice shad in a nearby creek to use as fresh bait. The next spot was an eddie hole around 40 feet deep. This spot turned out to be somewhat productive. I landed a channel around 5 pounds, 1 blue around 4 pounds and a nice blue im guessing to be in the 20 to 25 pound range.You what they say, the big ones always get away. The biggest fish of the day was the 20 to 25 pounder that broke my line just prior to dipping him.Not long after, Walt landed a nice blue around 5 pounds. We were then ran out from the drift and moved up river out of the drift line. I landed another blue about 5 pounds before we called it a day. Sorry guys no photos today. rspd507

2. Ruger 454

Ruger 454 Member

State:
    LaGrange Kentucky
    Hey Ross good to see I was'nt the only one out today,I only caught one blue around 15lbs down in west port I think I will try again in the am.

3. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Mike,
    It was way too nice of a day not to go. They were calling for some wind but we hardly got any. It was awesome out there, just wish I could have found some bigger fish, but hey I'll take what we caught. Beats being skunked. I'm gonna try to get out tommorrow, I have court in the morning, so maybe in the afternoon. rspd507

4. prostreetS10

prostreetS10 New Member

State:
    ohio
    Thanks for the report Sorry to hear the big one had to get away. Atleast you got to fight him, and you still caught fish.:wink:

5. RIVER-RAT

RIVER-RAT New Member

State:
    MO / MT
    Way to go Ross!!! One of these days I'll get to make another post about catching these darn fish!!:roll_eyes::eek:oooh:

6. Pennsylvaniacatchaser

Pennsylvaniacatchaser Well-Known Member

State:
    Sarver, Pa
    Go Ross! :cool2: Thanks for the report! :big_smile: Bring the camera next time! :eek:oooh: :wink: :roll_eyes:

7. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Ross, sounds like a great trip! Nice job and thanks for the report.

8. tncatfishing

tncatfishing New Member

State:
    clk. tn
    Must be nice to go fishing during the week.

9. whiteriverbigcats

whiteriverbigcats New Member

State:
    Indiana
    my next project is to get a boat... I need to catch me some of these fish...

10. russ

russ New Member

State:
    dexter. mo
    thx for the report ross, sounds like you had a nice day out there

11. krowbar

krowbar New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Good day Ross, sucks when you loose a good size fish. Better luck next time.

12. rspd507

rspd507 New Member

State:
    Rising Sun,IN
    Paul,
    You didnt miss the pics because there was none taken on this outing. Ross

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Congratulations Ross, sounds like a fun day on the water:cool2:. Thanks for the report.