Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Made a quick trip to Lake Norman on my brother-in-law’s birthday. Drifted most of the morning with fresh gizzard shad and frozen perch. We had five or six hard pull downs with no hook ups. Then while trying to hook a fish on one side of the boat we hear a splash on the other side , saw that the planner board had stopped moving and was puzzled for a second. Then I noticed the rod was missing on that side so quickly turned the boat and retrieved the planner board and hand lined the rod back to the top. After further inspection noticed that the rod holder was missing also. Still don’t know what happened but was lucky to get the rod back. Decided to go anchor and with in five minutes of anchoring up had a double. Caught another fish on the same shad head that the first fish hit but didn’t get any pictures or footage because of camera malfunctions. Threw the same piece back out and with in minutes my brother-in-law landed his personal best, thirty five pounder on it.
Water Sky Boat Cloud Fish

Hood Automotive tire Automotive exterior Bumper Fish
View attachment 332858

· Registered
6 Posts
Made a quick trip to Lake Norman on my brother-in-law’s birthday. Drifted most of the morning with fresh gizzard shad and frozen perch. We had five or six hard pull downs with no hook ups. Then while trying to hook a fish on one side of the boat we hear a splash on the other side , saw that the planner board had stopped moving and was puzzled for a second. Then I noticed the rod was missing on that side so quickly turned the boat and retrieved the planner board and hand lined the rod back to the top. After further inspection noticed that the rod holder was missing also. Still don’t know what happened but was lucky to get the rod back. Decided to go anchor and with in five minutes of anchoring up had a double. Caught another fish on the same shad head that the first fish hit but didn’t get any pictures or footage because of camera malfunctions. Threw the same piece back out and with in minutes my brother-in-law landed his personal best, thirty five pounder on it. View attachment 332854
View attachment 332855
Both of them lookn nice & healthy!!;

1 - 4 of 4 Posts