Jan 6 fishing trip on the Potomac River

Discussion in 'MARYLAND RIVER TALK' started by TIM HAGAN, Jan 4, 2007.

1. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Guys rain friday but 70 degrees on saturday how many of us will be on the water. I no i will be out there and just talked with josh he will be their as well.

70 degrees in Jan:cool2: :0a23: :001: :006: :0a31:

2. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Good luck, Tim!

Be sure and post pics for us of your catches.

Heck if it's gonna be 70 there, it may be 80 here, I'll have to check.

Take care.
    Cheryl

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    I'll be on the water for sure.

4. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Fraid I won't be able to get out this weekend. Good luck, look forward to your report and pictures.
    - Tawn

5. Anythinggoes

Anythinggoes New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Tomorrow and Saturday are my last two days to check in some more deer. I'm off on Sunday and Monday too, but I'm probably going to have a honey-do list that may prevent me from going. I do need to run my boat a bit to get out some old gas from this summer. Maybe that will be my excuse for a Monday outing. How far up do I need to travel from Marshal Hall to a semi-productive winter hole? I'm not looking at a map, but I do recall that it's a pretty good ledge just on the VA side close to the buoy. I don't won't to go far, being that I haven't run the boat since late summer.

6. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Most of my bigger fish has been coming from 15 to 25 feet in the last 3 or 4 trips The water just keeps getting warm every time I go out and with the ways thing are now man its 4:50 am and 57 degrees here. They don't no its winter time now. I would say anywhere just off the flats watch the fish finder their not hard to find right now.

7. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    good luck saturday, catch some biggens.

8. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    We hit the water today at 8:30 it was 65 dgrees got up into the 70's here. Bait was hard to find pick up some small bluegills. Josh have some shad and pass 5 of them our way ( Thanks Josh ).

The water has moved up to 47 to 49 dgrees in the main channels. we have a lite wind to start. In all today we set up on six hols and 5 woulds kick out big fish over 20 lbs
    In all to we have 13 fish over 20lbs 3 over the 40lbs here are the picture of the fish

Attached Files:

9. Ahquabi_Master

Ahquabi_Master New Member

State:
    WDM Iowa
    nice fish. thanks for posting and congrats.

10. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Here's the other pic's from saturday

Attached Files:

11. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    3 more pic's from saturdays trip

Attached Files:

12. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    And the last 3 all of the fish was 20' or less , Saw alot of you guys out there fish to deep. The water is upper 40's to 50 in some spot. Fish have moved up right now. I think the biggest one was around 48 and it came from about 8 or 10 ' off bluegill.

Attached Files:

13. Denny H

Denny H New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Tim,
    Thanks for the pics, looks like you guys had a good day. In pic 005 it looks like the pole to the far left had a fish on.

Denny

14. carp46755

carp46755 New Member

State:
    Indiana
    Nice bunch of fish Tim

15. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Ya it did they was biting good all day. I would say the top 5 fish would have gone around 190 lbs,

16. rebcatman

rebcatman New Member

State:
    Manassas, Virginia
    Good day of fishing Tim. I noticed in the background of one of the pictures, you have a pcv rig for your rods. How do you have it attached to the deck of the boat? Thanks.

17. Team StrayCats

Team StrayCats New Member

State:
    florida
    I,m glad you guys got some cats , all we got this week end was damn old gar. 5 Gar and One small cat about 4 lbs.

18. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Glad to see ya got on the fish Tim - thats pretty good hole huh!! I had a 15 ft G3 Jon boat that I had before I bought the Carolina Skiff. I gave it to my dad this weekend for his 74th B-Day present. He lives back home in Illinois and me here in MD so we met at the Cabelas in Wheeling, WV yesterday thats why I didn't get out. Gonna try and skip a day of work this week and get out. Which produced more fish the bluegills or Josh's shad?

Tim - did ya get my email with the pictures?

19. RiverKing

RiverKing New Member

State:
    Yellow Spr
    good looking fish Tim

20. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Nice fish Tim, thanks for the report.