Jan 26 2008

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Paraguayguy, Jan 26, 2008.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Got to Deep Bottom around 8:00 AM. Took a few sets of the net to catch enough to get started. Fishing was slow. I marked plenty of fish where I had great luck Wednesday but could only manage a few sub ten pounders. My buddy and I picked up my brother at noon, reset the net and had cutters galore for the afternoon bite. We headed above Jones Neck and tried a few new spots. Finally rewarded with a 42 and a twenty something. Caught the 42 on my dink rod I throw out for little cats so I can do some catching. Its an ancient Ambassadeur 4600 with 12 or 17 pound test that I haven't changed in 20 years. It took me twice as long to get in as the fish in my profile pictures. It bit a piece of shad smaller than my little finger and the hook is one I use for croakers. My buddy with me is not really a big fisherman and he did an outstanding job netting the fish. I couldn't have done it solo. We didn't wear them out today but as always, I had a ball and what a pleasure to fish with my brother and my childhood friend Bill

Attached Files:

2. cobysdad06

cobysdad06 New Member

State:
    Sutherlin VA.
    Glad to see you had someone to take the picture for you this time, Nice fish.

3. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    Went fishing Jan. 25 and 26. How much do you think this one was?????

Attached Files:

4. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    That is a nice fish my friend.

5. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    Sounds like a fun day fishing Kenneth, thanks for posting.

6. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    that is a genunine pig looks like you and Jerry hit ,em

7. flathead_hunter

flathead_hunter Well-Known Member

State:
    nebraska city
    i would say you both did awesome!!! i wish the river here wasn't full of ice flows right now all of us here in nebraska are just itchin' to get out as soon as the big 'ol missouri gets all the ice away and.... your pics just made the wait seem longer...lol:dribble:

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Nice fish Kenneth. Looks like another good day to me! On my way up there in a couple hours after I get some zzzz's.

9. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Nice fish Kenneth. Looks like another good day to me! On my way up there in a couple hours after I get some zzzz's.

10. dookiechrist

dookiechrist New Member

State:
    utah
    nice fish guys, the fish gods are smilin on you both!! where's mine?

11. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Nice fish guys thanks for the report.

12. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Alan, I am going to guess 70+. That's a pig for sure. My new 100 pound scales came in the mail Wednesday so I have lost my ability to over-estimate. :wink:. You were going to fish Deep Bottom one day and Jordon Point the next. What part of the river did the pig come from?

13. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice fish Kenneth. That is a good spot right there, incoming and outgoing. That is a good go-to spot if all else fails, lots of structure. Good Job!

14. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice fish Kenneth and it was nice to meet you Sat. I bet that was one helluva fight catching it on that small rig!!:big_smile:

15. river cat rat

river cat rat New Member

State:
    virginia
    nice fish kenneth

16. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Congrats Kenneth on another fine catch....great report.....Thanks
    Jerry

17. caveman

caveman New Member

State:
    va
    nice fish kenneth!

i think i'm going to have to play hookie tomorrow and get to deep bottom.

vaughn

18. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Kenneth,

It was very nice meeting you yesterday...I wish I had followed you around..we only caught one small one. We caught enough bait but not much luck on the catfish. If you ever have an empty boat give me a shout and I will be happy to go along or you can come with me. Thanks again for the tips on the bait locations..