Jan 21 Report with pics

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by FISH PIMP, Jan 23, 2006.

1. FISH PIMP

FISH PIMP New Member

State:
    Cross Junction, VA
    The morning started out with meeting gottafish at Osbourne in the morning. We headed out around 6:30 to get some bait. Gottafish tried to teach me how to throw the cast net but I wasn't having much luck with the net or my 25 hp Johnson motor (starter kept hangging up) which I fought with all day long. Wasn't long until gottafish had bait mainly in the Gill net which I think is the way to go. Gottafish gave me some more advice on areas and rigging and we parted ways for the day. I headed down river and started off fishing the cut offs. Didn't have a whole lot of luck in the cut offs I think due to the fact that being new to the fishery and just having a hard time setting up on the holes. Headed further down river and fished a tributary to the James. Ended up catching three Stripers biggest being 28 inches. I stayed in the area a little longer and ended up landing a 20lb and a 22lb Blue. My first Blues on the James River:) Ended up catching a few smaller ones as the day came to an end.

Well the James River claimes one more "me" Im hooked. Already planning this upcoming weekend trip.

I'd like to take this time to thank everybody on the forum. A big thanks goes out to gottafish (I owe ya one). Without all the help I'd be lost out there. Thanks again to everybody. Here are a couple of pics.

Pete

Attached Files:

2. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    Nice Fish Pete! I plan on being out there this Saturday so far...ill look for ya! I usually put in at Osborne also...

3. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Sounds like you had a real good day!!

4. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Fish Pimp, those are some great pictures. Nice looking fish and it really does look like you had a great day. Thanks for sharing some great pics with us.

5. Desperado

Desperado Active Member

State:
    Pataskala, Ohio
    Name:
    Clarence
    Looks like you had a great day!! Hope to get out that way and hook up into a few of those great blues.

6. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    Good job bud! I think I'll go try and pick up a couple of those stripers too!
    /Scott

7. Patmansc

Patmansc Well-Known Member

State:
    Greer, SC
    Name:
    Pat Chaney
    Congrats, Pete - sounds like you had a pretty good time.

8. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are some nice fish Pete, keep on them!

9. BIG GEORGE

BIG GEORGE New Member

State:
    JOISY
    Gotta love it Pete! LOL! Thanx for sharein.

10. kayakgeek

kayakgeek New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Pete,

What did you catch the Stripers on? Bait or lures?

Kayakgeek

11. FISH PIMP

FISH PIMP New Member

State:
    Cross Junction, VA
    Kayakgeek,

1-2" cut shad

Pete