Jammers coming to Texas!

Discussion in 'LOCAL TEXAS TALK' started by Jammer, Apr 14, 2007.

1. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    I'm getting out of Ohio and headed for the Lone Star State. I will be in The Woodlands Monday evening thru Thursday noon. Anyone know of a good place to eat? I'd like to find a good steakhouse.:smile2:

I'll be there for some training during the day. Fly in and fly out. wish I had time to do some fishing. I've been wanting to get to Lake Texacoma since there's some big blues there.

2. sw2324

sw2324 New Member

State:
    Texas
    I don't know about steak houses, but Babins is great for seafood. It's right there near you on I45. I always make a point to stop there when in Houston. Also try Lupe Tortilla for great fajitas.

3. Jammer

Jammer New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Thanks, Scott. We went to Babins, it was great. I had a tuna steak, file gumbo, and Oysters on the half shell. We also went to Salt Grass Steakhouse and had some great Porterhouse and Ribeyes. Hated to come back to Ohio.
    We drove down to Galveston one evening after class and eating. We got there about 11 pm. Looked at the beach and drove through town. Got back to the hotel after midnight and had to get up for class the next morning. I wish we had more time to sight see, like in the daylight.

4. mch4fishing

mch4fishing New Member

State:
    East Texas
    Now as for your ? We have found that Jaspers at market street place would be #1.... Flemmings in the The Woodlands Mall entrance #2 and for less formal but still high quality would be Salt Grass off 45 feeder would be #3.
    As for Sea Food We like Pappadoux's off the feeder as well.
    By the way cats are bittn at Conroe just 20 min from The Woodlands
    Have fun be safe.
    Marc:cool2:

5. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Man oh man, I thought we were getting rid of you for good. lol

Have a safe trip brother.