James River

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by eufaulacat, Aug 30, 2009.

1. eufaulacat

eufaulacat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    :0a21:I don't know anything about the James river..I may be up in Mechanicsville in Nov. and would love to fish the James....Can anyone help me out with some imformation on the river...Such as where to bank fish or find someone with a boat...The only part of the river that I have seen is where 95 crosses it in Richmond...I talked with one fella from Gander Mountain and he said there was a landing under the 95 bridge????? Any help would be appreciated.....Thanks

2. SlightlySeine

SlightlySeine New Member

State:
    Big "R" Town, Va
    From Mechanicsville, I guess your closest would be Osborne Landing Pier. About 15 miles or so. Saw a thirty something out of there a couple weeks ago. River wise, a little upstream of the Dutch Gap Power Plant. Don't know the place you mentioned, I'm sure someone will jump in to comment on that one. :cool2:

Edit: Just noticed, you're from Ala... You can google Osborne Landing, and just read up on a few threads here, for some other places, most are mentioned with not much reading, and you'll get tips for each by reading the thread. Any questions, "ask away"..... :big_smile:

Last edited: Aug 30, 2009

3. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    If you want give me a call maybe we can work something out. Nov. is a good time for catfishing.

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The ramp at 95 is easy to find. heading south on 95 after you live Richmond cross over the James River. The first exit is Commerce street. Take that exit. At the bottom of the ramp at the stoplight. Turn right and go over some train tracks and follow the road to the river 1/4 mile. At the river you will be under the 95 bridge and the road turns hard to the right. Keep following the road beside the river until it ends at Ancarrow Landing. Its a parking lot and boat ramp. Lots of folks fish along a stone wall there. In the Spring when the shad are spawning plenty of nice cats are caught down there.

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Welcome to the BOC Bobby. Good luck fishing!

6. eufaulacat

eufaulacat New Member

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks for the imformation on the James River.....it's alot of help...:0a31:

7. CATFISHKKO

CATFISHKKO New Member

State:
    Chesterfield, VA
    most anywhwere below 95 is gonna have good holes and structure to fish, unless you feel like venturing down towards dutch gap