James River Trip 5-9 nov

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by jwfish, Nov 11, 2006.

1. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    The wife and me had a great trip on the james over 350 pounds of cats caught last week.I did have one of the BOC members come up and talk to me one day last week and give me some bait,thanks sorry I don't remember your name.Heres the catch sunday 58 lb my wifes best 15-10-8-5-5 monday 46 my biggest for the week 15-8-8-5 tuesday 15-13 wensday 20-18-8-8-5 thursday 34-25-14-8.We lost 3 nice fish last week too.Took me 45 min each morning to get bait throwing a 9ft net,they were deep 18 to 20 foot of water.That is a great river you guys got down there I can't wait till my trip in april.I can't post pitures here but they will be on my members gallery pitures.

2. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    I don't have pitures up yet they will be up by tomorrow

3. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    Great trip and thanks for the report, I will be back to the james river eithier around Thanksgiving or in December around Christmas.

4. jimmyk

jimmyk New Member

State:
    virginia
    what area on the james were you fishing. I generally fish around Dutch Gap boat landing, right near the power plant and down by the I 295 bridge. I've been thinking about going down river more but not sure. that was a great week of fishing. glad you had a good time. maybe we will see ya in april.

5. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Put in at deep bottom and fished down to the bridge at hopewell.All fish were caught on gizzard shad and all fish 25 lb and larger were caught in 28 to 40 foot of water.

6. jimmyk

jimmyk New Member

State:
    virginia
    thx jw. i"ll keep posting how i do on the james. ilive only about ten minutes away from the river.

7. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Thanks for sharing and from what you said i would call that a great trip. Hopefully i will be getting down there a lil after thanksgiving. Finally talked my dad into hiring a guide for a day. Hope we do as good as you did.

Wheelmobile07

8. Whistler

Whistler Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Posted for Jerry(jwfish)

Attached Files:

9. bigblueone

bigblueone New Member

State:
    Virginia
    jwfish sounds like you had a great week. But it don't sound like you were on the fish the way the B.O.C. brothers talk . I went sat before last at Buggs Island in about 8 hrs I had right at 300 lbs in 1 day.I was useing center cut crappie fishing everything on the bottom.The next time you come our way you might want to try Buggs Island .I don't fish tidal catfish :cool2: 1bigblue

10. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks Whistler for posting them pitures.And that is one heck of a catch in one day 300 lbs onebigblue.I have heard buggs island is great for cats but I love them rivers and have only fished the james twice and am trying to get to know some strech of the river.I think the 100 lb mark will come out of the james in the next year.Crappie for bait I have to try that some time we use live and cut white bass in the ohio river.

11. bluehunter

bluehunter New Member

State:
    Los Angele
    Nice going awesome catches. Looked liek a great week. I will fish that river one day.

12. Whistler

State:
    TN
    Here are the rest of the pics in the next couple of posts. What a day.

Attached Files:

13. Whistler

State:
    TN
    Last 3 pics for jwfish.

Attached Files: