James River Report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by geraldh, Sep 29, 2006.

1. geraldh

geraldh New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    I am planning a trip to the Hopewell area of the James River next week on the 5th & 6th of Oct. Does anyone have any fishing reports or suggestions? I have fished that area twice (March & April) but not in the Fall.

Thanks.

2. flemflamman

flemflamman New Member

State:
    va
    fish are scattered right now... I have not heard any reports of anyone knocking em out. Throw everything you got at em

3. geraldh

geraldh New Member

State:
    North Carolina
    Thanks for the reply.

4. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    Good Luck at the James. You never know when a 75# hog is smelling your bait.

Wheelmobile07

5. Nightfisher

Nightfisher Guest

I have been out for 3 all-nighters in the last 6 days. Water temps are in the low 70s. We fished upriver, downriver, shallow, deep, and in between with no luck. Threw cut gizzard shad, live and cut eel, and live bluegills at them to no avail. Have not heard anyone else finding the big boys lately either. Not good. I have no idea whats going on with them right now. The best I managed over three trips was one about 5 or 6 lbs, one about 1 lb, and a gar. All my trips were at night, so it may be time to switch to days already. Still an awfull lot of boat traffic during the day right now tho. I'm gonna give it a rest for a month or so before I try again. Day trips will be in full swing by then and water temps should be down into the 50s by next month.