James River Report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by wbtfish, Nov 8, 2009.

1. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Took our first trip of the winter this weekend, with good results. Caught 2 in low 50's, 4 or 5 in the 40's and 4 or 5 in the 30's, also several in the 20's. Even managed a few Stripers around 20 inches. Fished from Dutch Gap down to Presquile. We stayed on the boat from Friday night til Sunday noon. Most fish were caught in sunlight conditions. Didn't fish too much at night, had to sleep. The older you get, sleep becomes more important! Shad was fairly easy to get. Also managed to catch 3 Flatheads in the 20 pound range, one was caught as far downriver as Prequile. Can't wait til next time, probably two weeks.

2. loanwizard

loanwizard Well-Known Member

State:
    Coshocton,
    Good to hear. I didn't even know they had big flats around Presquille. That old barge still sagging down there in the back of Presquille?

3. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Fishing on Saturday. Not much luck on bait. Only got one cutter at deep bottom. I caught a flathead, striper, large mouth in the throw net, along with a bunch of small shad. They seemed to work well. We had a good day overall..bunch of medium size blues and a nice flat head.

We had 3 fish on our rods at one time.

I found out that I need a new boat battery...had a real hard time getting the boat started.

I posted some videos of some of the battles. http://www.shockomedia.com/videos the ones dated Nov 7th 2008 are the ones from Saturday. I know...I need to change the date on my camera.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 9, 2009
  4. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Thanks for the reports guys! Bite is looking good. I should be down in a couple weeks to battle the blues!

5. ajbrad

ajbrad New Member

State:
    virginia
    great videos