The United States Catfish Association Forum and Community banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
let me start by asking where are the reports??? Am I missing something?

I haven't fished the James in over a year so it was good to get back down there. Bait was fairly easy. First time using a gill net and that makes getting bait MUCH easier! Fished between Jordan Point and Sturgeon Point. Didn't get any trophies but still had a good day on the river. All three of the guys with me had never caught a fish on the James and they all got to real in a fish...so even though they were small, they were all PBs! :LOL:

Premium Member
Looks like a great day on the James. That sunset is just beautiful. Glad everyone got to land a cat. Ramon06 is spending some time (3 years) in Germany. He's retired Military but his better half is still serving.

He was a good one to get reports from but there haven't been many commenting about it lately.

tight lines

Reactions: ajrod88

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
Looks like a great day on the James. That sunset is just beautiful. Glad everyone got to land a cat. Ramon06 is spending some time (3 years) in Germany. He's retired Military but his better half is still serving.

He was a good one to get reports from but there haven't been many commenting about it lately.

tight lines
Ramon hopped on my boat with me a couple of yrs ago... Awesome guy! He knows the river for sure. Hope to fish with him again some day.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4

tight lines
Here is a photo of a cat Ramon and I caught the day we fished together...

Registered
Steven from Georgia
Nice cats!

We went on a guided trip this time of year. We went up into a creek and caught some white perch on worms. We caught most of our fish on them. Just another option.

Reactions: ajrod88

Registered
Thanks for the report and pix. Hope you can get some more time on the water and post more pix, I enjoy seeing them. I haven't seen anything out of Raymon06 on the USCA for awhile hope all is well with him.

Premium Member
Jay, I talked to Ramon two days ago. He ad his family are fine. Having some computer/wifi/net signal issues. Hope he gets them worked out soon.

I don't know if Ramon will make it back to the James on a regular basis being at the militaries desecration. But if he does, I hope to get out that way and fish beside him before my time is up. My daughter lives in Richmond which makes it easier but running into Ramon would be a real bonus.

Glad to hear you ran into him and those are some really nice fish. Thanks for the story and pics.

Registered
Tom, pick me up somewhere on 64 when you go LOL. 88 keep us informed on you trips to The James with lots of pictures it helps us too lazy to fish in the winter excited about spring.

Registered
Awesome report, thank you for sharing! The water doesnt look too junked up, not as bad as I would have thought!

Looks like you guys had a good time!

Registered
Looks like a fun day. Also kida funny. I hadn't been down in 2+ years(except for Shad run to downtown) beween kids, work and life(and commercial guys). Developed some other cold water fisheries I've been working also. Still, only one lower James with Blues. So sitting around Sat AM just decided on a whim to go but I was solo. Boat was happy to get wet in cold water. Got there late at smack low tide so had a tougher time with bait(outta practice) which took awhile but I managed a few gizzads and bet I fished pretty much the same areas though I dropped in at Hopewell. Lot of my go to spots were occupied...community holes as they are. Managed a handful but nothing really over 10. Thought the small ones worried the baits at every spot and kept me entertained. I too thought that sunset was something special. Was mindful but ended up staying our a little bit longer than I wanted given some of the trash around. Will admit to getting some classic river afternoon naps which may have played a role in that. Good stuff.

I blame Ramon for being away and not posting photos that would have forced me to come down as the reason why I havent been down in awhile. :) He can stay away a bit longer, then I mght still have a chance at some monsters. :)
Hope I'll get back soon.

Attachments

Registered
nice report I like fishing the james, but Army hasn't had me out that way since I was last there feb/march 2019 that was when I caught my pb blue in my avatar. That river can be tough but if you catch it on a good day it's awesome. Thanks for the report.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts