Catfish Angler Forum at USCA banner
1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,297 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
We got to the James at 4:30 pm got on the water by 5:00pm

Looked for bait. Failed miserably. Saw Rollo cruising the river. Seems to be about the same size as the Muskingum. I am sure it gets bigger the further down we go.

Went down river, tried the gill net. 1st time no luck. 2nd time one end went in fine, other end was a little deep and pulled floats under. We caught 4 big shad, cutters they call them here I believe.

Came back up close to the ramp and set up shallow (12-20 feet). Skip caught a 12 lb blue. Shawn and Tony missed their chance.

Moved deeper and Skip caught an eater as did I (Shawn)

Got cold and came in. Went to dinner. Will meet Captain Hugh in the morning at 6:30 am.

Shawn Dostie reporting live for WBOC. We will have more news later.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
As you can see we have our ace traveling reporter on the water and on the job. Well you really cant see him because we are experience technical difficulties, but Shawn is on the job. We should be getting a weather report from meteorologist Skip otto here, telling us what kind of cold fronts coming in to shut the bite down. And we will look forward to Tony's bright and effervescent comments on the local womens casual attire after the next break. We have caught a supper break here just Now over the phone, it looks like that personal interview with the Famous Rollo bagger Your listening to the Net man on the all night all bite WBOC 93 Hog country raido.......

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Glad they all made it there safely ... NOW DAMNIT CATCH SOME FISH ... BIG FISH .... Garry- :wink:

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
Way to go Shawn ... Show them Southern boys how we Yankees do it ..... :eek:oooh:

·
Registered
6,351 Posts
we boated 9 before 1 today, nothing big, and lost a few others. nice first day on the river. wind picked up so we are back for a while. may head back out this evening... sounds like the boys are having fun with the capt. the james is a great river, and we are all having fun!...rollo:big_smile:

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Well this trip proves one thing, I'm the bad luck factor. I only do good alone and am a jinx when I fish with Shawn and Tony. I don't feel that bad about it I'm just warning anyone who goes fishing with me.:sad2:

·
Registered
4,825 Posts
Well this trip proves one thing, I'm the bad luck factor. I only do good alone and am a jinx when I fish with Shawn and Tony. I don't feel that bad about it I'm just warning anyone who goes fishing with me.:sad2:
Jack we should go together with your bad luck and my bad luck we could cancel each other out and get into a mess of the biggust around :big_smile:

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
Gary, didn't we try that once then blamed Shawn for our misfortune? lol :eek:oooh::confused2::smile2::smile2::smile2:
Maybe it will happen for us at the gathering this year.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.