James River Monday Nov 16

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Paraguayguy, Nov 16, 2009.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have been kicking around going fishing for a week or two.

I have read lots of good reports. Time to start fishing again.

Today I decided to go. I launched from Deep Bottom a little after 11:00. River is still high and full of wood and junk of every description. I set my net and got my bait. I went to the double secret spot that everyone knows and started fishing at straight up noon.

I took six rods today and caught my first fish before # 2 rod was out. It took me an hour to get all six rods out as I was constantly catching fish including two doubles today and one quadruple. No monsters today but I did lose count after 25 fish over 30 pounds. Big fish today was 37. Absolutely the busiest catfishing trip I have ever had. I only fished three spots all within sight of one another. I left the fish biting when I ran out of bait at 4:20 PM. I only fished a little over four hours.

Its hard to imaging , here it is mid November and I had to take off my long sleeve shirt and fish in my white T Shirt as I was burning up. I took my boots off and was fishing barefoot. What a fine day it was.

As sorry as I am, I have to work tomorrow or I would be fishing for sure.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 16, 2009
  2. bigcattracker

bigcattracker New Member

State:
    virginia
    Sounds like an awesome day. I might have to put the rifle down and pick up the poles. Congrats on a great day

3. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    You talked me into coming back up after a year and a half. (broke my back) I will be up there Sun-Tues...... The first day I will be marking all my hot spots with my 997.... Then the fun begins..:cool2:

4. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Now thats what I call fishin. Congrads.
    PS- PM those grid coordinates for that double secret spot so I can double check it to make sure that we the same double secret spot. lol

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Damn....wish I was out there! Great job Kenneth. All this binging they're doing means they'll be full by the time I get down there end of week.

6. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Nice job Kenneth! It was a beautiful day on the water for sure. Can't complain about fishing in a T-Shirt in the middle of November...and catching fish...what most folks would consider a trip of a lifetime. Congrats!

7. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome Craig and hope you can go. I have been worrying the deer since Oct when bow season came in. Done my usual doe clean up routine and waiting for a few big ones I have been watching since summer.

Yesterday ,,there was a big old orange colored "excellent" fish symbol on my Va Wildlife Calendar. I really love seeing that and I usually have good luck those days.

Yesterday I fished where I saw five kazillion gulls and cormorants feeding. Not loafing but feeding like sharks. I was hoping there were stripers underneath and threw a jig to em for ten minutes or so. Well,,,,,,, it wasn't stripers but it was every bluecat in the James.

I love seeing feeding birds! The predator fish are always close to the groceries.

8. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Great Job Ken, take half the year off then come back strong like that? amazing

9. FISH PIMP

FISH PIMP New Member

State:
    Cross Junction, VA
    Thanks for the report Kenneth.

10. jwfish

jwfish New Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Way to go Kenneth that must be one heck of a double secret spot you have.

11. Fokromix

Fokromix New Member

State:
    VA
    Nice work Kenneth. Sounds like a great year...I mean great day. More like a year for me... :)

12. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Awesome trip Kenneth. They're biting down here too but not that good:smile2:

13. luckey wade

luckey wade New Member

State:
    ohio
    I see you are back at them.Thanks for the report .An glad you had a fun day busting them.

14. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    I want to come fish the james soon