James River lodging?

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by jlcclh, Mar 21, 2007.

1. jlcclh

jlcclh New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I am planing on coming to the James the weekend of April 28th. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where to stay. I'd like to keep my boat docked in the water for the weekend but, am willing to make short trips hauling the boat to and from the hotel/motel. I don't need anything fancy, just somewhere to shower and nap. Thanks!:big_smile:

2. special liberty

special liberty New Member

State:
    Maryland
    Me & my buddies are planning the same trip a little later on - looking forward to some responses, especially where we can leave the boat in the water overnight.
    Tawn

3. jim

jim New Member

State:
    Jacksonville NC
    I usually stay in Hopewell where there are any number of motels.Depends on where you are going to launch.Also most of the guides dont fish much in May because of the spawn and the bite being off.Right now is the prime time to get after the big ones.:smile2:

4. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    You guys may be able to work a deal with either Jordan Point or Hopewell to leave the boats in the water ,but i would not leave anything of value on the boat. Just my $0.02 worth.I work too hard to lose my Zebco 202's

5. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    reddcat they must be some mighty big zebco 202 to hold up to the cats you catch...lol

6. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Im sorry ,,,I ment a Zebco 20002.When you going to be on the river again ?
    We are thing Sat or Sun for some blues
    I hear the croakers are starting to creep in.I cant wait for some croaker filets,

7. hillbeach

hillbeach New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Looks like I will be up there 04/07/07 sat. May fish the JRCC TOURNAMENT.

8. capt.neil renouf

capt.neil renouf New Member

State:
    Richmond VA