James River info.

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Skimmer, Aug 23, 2007.

1. Skimmer

Skimmer New Member

State:
    Va.
    Name:
    put real name
    New to this site and wanted to know if anyone has been fishing between Winginia and Scottesville. I am waiting on my new boat to come in so I get get back to Fishing more and working less.

2. PhillyCatcatcher4

PhillyCatcatcher4 New Member

State:
    S.W.Phila.,Penn.
    :0a25:Welcome to The BOC Rodney.:0a25: I hope your able to find the info you need.

3. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Have not fished any below Lynchburg, But cats are hitting great around Big Island and up river.
    Chip

4. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Welcome Rodney. I used to fish that area from a canoe but it's been awhile since I hit that stretch.

5. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Man, that is a plan!!! Welcome to the BOC.

Riverdawg/Willie - do alot of people fish up near Big Island and those areas? Or can you typically find a spot and not bump elbows with anyone?

6. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    A warm welcome is added from the Blue Ridge. Enjoy the brotherhood!

7. riverdawg-1

riverdawg-1 New Member

State:
    salem, va
    Kinda depends where you are, but ussually I can find places to myself. If i have the jon boat or canoe I can always get away and find a good spot. Let me know if you want to go sometimes, I have been fishing the Snowden area recently and tearing up some nice flatties. I'm taking the canoe up there tomarrow night.
    Chip

8. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have a house on the river in Big Island and lived there for 25 years so I know quite a few places where there won't be any other fishermen. Most require a canoe or knowing the dirt roads.

9. JTR

JTR New Member

State:
    virginia
    Skimmer, The river is very low as in its a struggle with a canoe in alot of places. Especially in the areas your mentioned. With a little rain fishing from a canoe will be more enjoying. The one good thing about the river being so low is not much jet boat traffic as in none. good luck

10. cattin tonight

cattin tonight New Member

State:
    Virginia