James River Float Trip

Discussion in 'MEMBER FISHING REPORTS (BECOME A FISHING LEGEND)' started by WHEELMOBILE07, Aug 2, 2006.

1. WHEELMOBILE07

WHEELMOBILE07 New Member

State:
    Martinsville, Virginia
    The float trip went very well with many smallies in the day and channel cats caught at night. Another one of my buddies that was suppose to go said he couldn't go at the last moment so me and my other friend just decided to stay at the James river State Park. And we did two floats one sunday and one monday. We floated from Bent Creek back to the park first day with a lot of success but nothing with any size. Then caught a few channels off the bank at the campground before bed time. The second day we floated from the campsite down about six miles to this primitive type launching area. On this float we still caught a bunch of smallies but luckily I finally got one smallie that went 2.5lb that was the biggest fish of the trip, even bigger than the channels. Arcadia to Snowden is a long trip but we had 3 days to make it. Anyway i don't fish out of a canoe i have a 13 foot white water raft with seats that i fish out of so balcony falls isn't so bad for me. All in all we had a blast and it will be a memory. I really do want to fish balcony falls before the summer is up though because i hear that is where some of the biggest smallies in the river are.

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Sounds like you had a great time Trey, thanks for sharing.

3. catseeman

catseeman New Member

State:
    Indianapolis, Indiana
    As long as you had a good time, thats what counts. sounds like an enjoyable time.