James river fishing Wednesday Jan 28

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by Paraguayguy, Jan 28, 2009.

1. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    My brother and I launched at Deep Bottom at 12:30 today. No trailers except our to be seen. Wind was howling 20 + out of the south and temp rose to almost 60. Set the gill net for 25 minutes and got 11 big gizzard shad. We fished five of my favorite spots including the double secret spot and only had one pull down that didn't hook up. I think it was a 4 or 5 pound cat trying to be a bad azzz. All the sudden the wind changed from 20+SW to 20+ NW. Rain coming down in sheets. Thank goodness we had sense enough to put on rain gear before we started. Rain changed to a drizzle. We fished another hour to no avail. Odd, when I put the boat in the driveway, I took my Labrador for a long walk and darned if it wasn't howling out the southwest again. Durned unstable weather queered my fishing for sure.

Got to report the dog trips along with the good ones. This was a doggy. Not to be discouraged, I am going Sunday.

2. stumpjumper

stumpjumper New Member

State:
    Dallas, GA
    Thanks for the report. I always enjoy reading them regardless of the number of fish caught! It is always nice just to get out and be on the water.

3. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sorry to hear your trip did not turn out so well. The dang wind has got me the last couple of times out

4. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    Wow Keneth,

I think I watched that same show (minus the wind and rain) Saturday.

Thanks for the report.

5. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Ha HA ha HA HA ha I am sooooo glad the double secret spot did not work for ya..:smile2::wink::wink:
    Gitum next time Kenneth.
    mikeb

6. Paraguayguy

State:
    Virginia
    I am swearing off the double secret spot. All the luck in that place has been milked dry by Mike and Josh. I promise I will never fish that loser place again.:roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::roll_eyes::smile2:

7. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm sure it was still an adventure. The big ones are just taking a break.

8. cameron_krazie

cameron_krazie New Member

State:
    virginia
    Good you all can stay away from my spot... I have finally got them trained to only bite my rigs now..:smile2::smile2::smile2: Just ask ralph about the 61lber I put him on Saturday.. Now STAY OUT OF MY SPOT!!!!!!!:wink:

Attached Files:

9. Paraguayguy

State:
    Virginia
    You are just teasing me with those fotoshopped pictures. :smile2:

10. cameron_krazie

cameron_krazie New Member

State:
    virginia
    Not photoshopped just a weird camera angle.. It was taken with Ralphs camera and the taker was at an angle and a little close. But I can promise its real.