James River Fishing report for 20Nov

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by kdrennon7, Nov 20, 2009.

1. kdrennon7

kdrennon7 New Member

State:
    VA
    Well the bite was good until lunch then they shut off. I boated a 64 lbr, a 40 lbr and lots of teens. No pictures as I forgot my camera today way to start the day. Bluecat69 and Ramon06 boated a 49 lbr and lots of teens along with one break off. All in all great morning fishing just got boring in the afternoon good thing for friends and family to talk to.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2009
  2. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Sounds like a good time. Congrats guys!

3. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Great day on the water Ken, no better way than to take the day off of work then to spend it having fun with family and friends. It was indeed a great day until lunch, I dont know what happened. We caught at least 25 fish between both boats. Here are a few pics we took from the boat we were on

Attached Files:

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Great fishing this fall. Congratulations and thank you for sharing.

5. FATFLATTIE

FATFLATTIE New Member

State:
    ILM, NC
    Awesome couple of trips there guys! Some good looking fish.

6. nanny patrol

nanny patrol Member

State:
    SC
    Good job guys, congrats on great day

7. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    It was a great morning of fishing, I just wish the afternoon would have been more productive. For some reason the bite was hot when the tide was going out but once it turned to come in then everything stopped. The area we were fishing has always been better on the incoming tide but oh well.
    I think all the fish we caught had very bad attitudes and did not want to come to the boat. My 49 lber must have stayed down under the boat for at least 3-5 minutes before he would even think about coming up and I know the 64 that Kenny caught was the same way.
    All in all, great day with friends and Kenny's dad and we caught some nice fish also.
    Til next time (after Thanksgiving). I have to hang up the poles until after the holiday but I know Kenny will keep ya posted on the action.
    PS Ramon, thanks for posting the pics and good luck out there this weekend.

8. bigcattracker

bigcattracker Member

State:
    virginia
    Sounds like a great day. I need to get the boat wet soon. Probaly after thanksgiving.

9. katman#1

katman#1 New Member

State:
    South Carolina
    keep these reports coming I like these kind of reports

10. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Blucat69...funny you should mention the fish having bad attitudes lately....all the fish I caught this last trip were fiesty SOB's. Don't remember them ever fighting like that at all.