James River Catfish Tournament, Richmond, VA Dec. 13, 2009

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by PHU_Man, Nov 6, 2009.

1. PHU_Man

PHU_Man New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey guys and gals were going to do a tourney out of Dutch Gap, Sunday, December 13 from 8 am -- 4pm and the same rules apply for every catfish tourney! Must have a livewell or decoy bag and fish must be able to swim off after weigh-in! This is not a target weight tourney we are doing the TWO BIGGEST FISH no matter what the species of catfish. The entry fee is 50$ per boat and 10$ big fish per boat unless there is more than 3 people on the same vessel then each person after 3 will be 5$ per person! If there are any questions you can contact us at Predatorhuntersunlimited.com or by phone at 804 638 3777(Scott Presley) or 804 895 5262(Chris Davis) Hope to see everyone there!!

2. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    sweet

3. PHU_Man

PHU_Man New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hopefully the weather holds out and we have a good turn out this time. I hear they are biting good.

4. jcat61

jcat61 Guest

Thanks Scott

5. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Will be there

6. PHU_Man

PHU_Man New Member

State:
    Virginia
    The tournament will be rain or shine. So far we have 6-10 boats in, we will happily welcome more. Good luck to everyone and we look forward to seeing you there.

Update, The registration will be at Dutch and the weigh in will be at Osborne. We moved the weigh in here to allow room for more boats. Thanks,

7. buckshot1

buckshot1 New Member

State:
    reidsville n.c.
    my money is on ramon,hes on fire, wish i could make it

8. Dallison

Dallison Member

State:
    Virginia
    I might stop by for the weigh in just to check out your monsters.
    good luck

9. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    :sad2: dont know if im gonna be in it, Ramon dont own a boat lol. One of my bud's gotta work and im still waitin on word from my right hand man, im hopeful though :roll_eyes:

10. Mildog

Mildog Member

State:
    Virginia
    For those of us who are not familiar with the area, where will the weigh-in be exactly?

11. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Osborne Landing is about a mile or two north of Dutch Gap on the river. It does alot more parking for vehicles and dock space.

12. reel squealer

reel squealer Member

State:
    chesterfield,va
    Anyone know how many boats are signed up yet ?

13. Madtom

Madtom New Member

State:
    virginia
    Im a maybe. Gotta beg the wife to let me fish 2 days in a row

14. PHU_Man

PHU_Man New Member

State:
    Virginia
    If everyone who has said their in stays in, and counting the maybe's, there should be between 6-10 boats. Hopefully more.

15. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Who won the tournament?

16. Mildog

Mildog Member

State:
    Virginia
    ...and pictures would be nice too!! :wink:

17. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    I know who won :wink: Congrats Jason, thats my boy

18. jcat61

jcat61 Guest

Well, it rained for 7hrs and 45minutes of the 8 hr tournament, but Capt Don Sweet and I did manage to have a great day and take top honors. It was only a 4 boat field, but a win is a win! We took both big fish and overall with a 62#er and a 56 for a total of 118. Didnt get to write down any names, but 3 Buggs Island catmen came up to compete and put a 52 plus pounder in their boat with a 28 ish kicker fish i think, good for second. We boated a 54,41, and several in the 20's and 30's, and too many dinks to keep track of. All caught on fresh gizzards off the main channel.
    here's some pics of 1st-3rd.

Attached Files:

19. PHU_Man

PHU_Man New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Thanks for the pictures Jason and congrats. I will have the weights and names posted tomorrow. Thanks to everyone who showed up and toughed it out. It was a miserable day, but you guys caught some great fish. I will be getting the next one together soon. Hopefully the next one will be bigger and better, I am working on some product sponsors ( I hope this pans out) and a better weigh in system. Next time should be around Feb. 20th or so. I will keep everyone posted. Thanks,

20. PHU_Man

PHU_Man New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Jason Kintner and Don Swift had a total weight of 118.10lbs with a big fish coming in at 62.00. Easily winning the tournament with over 40lbs more then 2nd place. Again, congrats guys.

Michael and Allen Conner, along with Jonah Powell came in with a total weight of 74.27 with a big fish weighing 52.15. Great job guys.

Gene Burton had a total of 72.25 with a big fish coming in at 42.10. Not bad for going solo.

And last and sadly the very least, Team Predator Hunters Unlimited, with Chris Davis, JJ Skalsky, Billy and Scott Presley didn't feel the need to weigh their one fish. It was estimated that this monster was around 15lbs though. Nice try guys.

Despite the rain, we had a good time, everyone stayed safe, and I was happy to see some nice fish get weighed in, all of which swam away unharmed.

Thanks agin to everyone who came out. We hope to see you there next time.