James River Catfish -11 Nov 2009

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by ramon06, Nov 11, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Went out to Henricus Park today from 1000-1500, got 9 fish from the dock. Caught all Blues, 4 fish about 6-8 LBs a 10.3, an 18.7, a 38.1 and a 49.6, the 9th didnt count but got him to the dock and she took one last dive and snapped my leader about 2 inches under the swivel so im assuming I had a weak spot in my mono. That fish had to go 70-80LBs easy. She made my 62 look like little brother, Im still sick as we speak, finally had the big one and let faulty gear beat me :eek:oooh::embarassed::angry::sad2: caught all fish on miscellaneous baits from frozen shad, frozen menhaden, blue gill heads and crappie heads to cut eel (the big one that got away). Only bad news is for once in my life I didnt bring my Camera so I have no pics for you guys this time, I wasnt thinkin due to the $%$#ed up weather. :angry: But Whewww tomorrow's gonna be wild Mike, It was wet, cold and miserable. I had on the Ninja suit, sweats, Gortex trousers and Gortex Jacket. Might be a little overkill for the weather but I stayed dry and warm minus my hands cause I brought 2 damn right hand gloves :confused2:. Make sure you bring the Frog Togs

2. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    No worries brother, I have two sets of frogg togs in a water proof box under the front deck. As for the gloves, I might just throw another pair in the truck just in case (lol).
    We might have to try that spot from the boat brother. That was darn good day of fishing there. Congrads.
    PS remind me to check my rigs for weak spots (haven't retied them in the last few trips).

3. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    yeah I'll try to bring some extra warm/wet clothing for us too. Yeah that spot is hot, but they are periodic, Thats a passage way for fish there is a 40 ft hole north of the dock headed to the bridge and a 30 ft hole to the right of the dock I guess they just pass by in eaither direction headed to the holes and eat on the way lol. I will definetly help you check the rigs

4. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Yeap that will be one of our spots (whoops giving out secrets :wink:). C ya n the morn.

5. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    with 30-40 mph winds, you guys watch out. That big open stretch below the 295 bridge can get ugly. Congratulations on the fishing Ramon. You are a maniac going at it in the rain. Hats off to you!:big_smile:

6. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    No worries there, I have plenty of spots out of the wind and away from the main channel that we will fish that have produced some nice fish. The only worry is if my bimini top (the piece of crap that is) will hold up to the elements.

7. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Hey you give me props, my girl cursed me out lol. But hey being in the army, we train, work and live through worse so I can handle a little adverse conditions :wink: will give a report when we return

8. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    we will be alright, if I can make it through the dock, we can make it, bimini or none. especially with the backwater spots. that day me and Jason went out was about the same but I was better dressed this time

9. Fokromix

Fokromix New Member

State:
    VA
    Sounds like a good day. Weather never seems to matter when you reeling in a fish huh?

I've had that same fish on that broke your line do the same to me...It's not your gear...She just has a sharp tooth.

Good luck...stay safe

10. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Thanks man, well I hope one of us gets that Pig soon, im not trying to lose anymore hooks lol

11. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    Reps to you, Ramon, for hanging in there for the sport! :big_smile:

12. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I agree with the others Ramon, your a warrior and a hell of a
    fisherman, doin it in the weather you go in :wink: You tear'em up from the bank dude :wink: Keep up the good fishing and thanks for the reports..

PS don't forget your camara anymore:cool2:

13. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    I promise thanks for all the love fellas