James River bank fishing

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by A.Williams, Jul 24, 2006.

1. A.Williams

A.Williams New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Where is there some good spots to bank fish the james at for eater size cats.

2. crricha13

crricha13 New Member

State:
    Danville, VA
    best thing is to just walk the bank one day until u find some spot that looked like theyve been fished some, or structures, u really need a boat to find places

3. ST Lunker

ST Lunker New Member

State:
    VA
    When I go out on my boat out of Dutch Gap and go right, I pass a dock that is constantly being fished by catfisherman. It is in some sort of park or something. I would try to find that park and see how many areas have clear fishing from the shore and give it a try. There are monster blue cats around that area by boat. You might have the same luck on shore.

4. blackwaterkatz

blackwaterkatz Active Member

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Stephen, that would, I think, be Henricus Park, and the entrance is just a short distance before you get to Dutch Gap, on the same road. I also saw folks fishing from the bank right at the landing, and downstream a little. That access may depend on river levels, though.

5. Rapp-Catter-06

Rapp-Catter-06 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I have seen a lot of people fishing from osbourne landing.

6. KWSMITH

KWSMITH New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Can someone tell me where Dutch gap is???:big_smile:

7. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Ken, it is a little northeast of Chester, about 1-1/2 miles west of the I-295 bridge over the James, and about 1-1/2 miles below Osbourne Landing (N37 22.914 W77 22.606). There is a power plant located just above the landing.

8. DirtyHowi

DirtyHowi New Member

State:
    va
    awwwwwwwww crud...stupid PC.

I95 exit 61A (hopewell), turn left at light at top of hill, I295 exit 15A(chester) bout 4 (it's 5 miles from my house to 95) miles, turn right at racetrac or left at racetrac depending on which freeway your gettin off of.

There's a hardees on the opposite corner where they have the classic car gathering every saturday, cept when it rains.

9. south_va_fisherman

south_va_fisherman New Member

State:
    Muddy Cross, Virginia
    In surry and isle of wight county you can fish at hog island WMA and ragged island WMA. they both support BIG cats.

10. blackwaterkatz

State:
    Andrews, SC
    Here's a pic. Hope it helps. Osborne Landing is also shown, and there is a lot of room there for bank fishing.