James river bank fishing areas.

Discussion in 'LOCAL VIRGINIA TALK' started by vacatfish, May 7, 2006.

1. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Any info or help on areas in lynchburg virginia area of the james to fish from the bank.

Thank you to any help or input thats give.

2. JamesRiverFlats

JamesRiverFlats New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Good to see someone from Lynchburg. Im from Amherst and live on the river all summer. Below the Lynchburg damn is always a good spot for quality cats, but if you have a boat the island below the damn is my favorite. There are also plenty of good places to fish down route 130. East Perch road is probably the most productive, but you have to get there early in the evening to get a good spot.
    Good luck fishing
    JamesRiverFlats

3. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Welcome to the family it good having more virginia brothers and sisters joining.

Thank you for the information. i have a hard time getting to places cause as of right now im not let drive.

Im not a big fan of fishing from a boat. but love to run on the bank. im looking for spots to help make my fishing year a better year.

I deal with bad nerves stress and depression and sometimes just need to get out and do what i love to do.

4. eaglesfan00000

eaglesfan00000 New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm from Lynchburg also, I fish the down from scottsmill dam all the time.
    Theres some big cats in there. There are plenty of bank spots down that strip. Good luck

5. flathead willie

flathead willie Well-Known Member

State:
    Virginia
    The Mt Athos Road area is a good place. Also at Galts Mill and several holes down below there.

6. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    You all are a big help more then you know. welcome heath to the family glad there are more from the area here.

7. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    Randy,
    Try going to the area below Snowden dam. Go across the bridge and turn right. There are a bunch of pull offs there and plenty of good bank fishing. Also, try across the parkway bridge, down on the point where Otter Creek comes into the James. You can get plenty of bait up the parkway about 1/4 mile at Otter Lake. It's full of bream.

8. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Thank you plathead. anyone know of a place where i can get driving directions to a street name.

Forgot how to really get to that birdge from the city here.

9. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    I ment flathead sorry not plathead.

10. flathead willie

State:
    Virginia
    randy,
    Take RT# 122 out of Bedford, 18 miles to Big Island, turn left on Rt# 501 and it will take you right over the Snowden bridge. You will pass under the Parkway bridge 2 miles up 501 and go over the Snowden bridge 2 miles past that.

11. vacatfish

vacatfish New Member

State:
    bedford virginia
    Flathead brother thank you again for the outstanding help you give. afew years ago i knew the direction to almost every fishing hole near by and had things to happen that blanked right many things out of my mind.