James River 29 Septemeber

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by ramon06, Sep 29, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Went out today, caught some bait from my favorite little pond and headed out to Dutch Gap, fished from 4:00-7:30. The wind was terrible today I didnt dress for all the wind so I had to throw out my lines and sit back into the tree line where there was less wind :confused2: Only caught one but 2 good things came out of the trip today. 1-Only one Crab bit my bait and thats when I reeled in my lines to leave, bit the tail off one of my live Gills:big_smile: yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhh. There was another guy on the bank that had one 2LBer and he said the Crabs were killin him today. The other couple only fished for like an hour and left. 2-The second good thing that happened today was I only caught 1 fish but he was worth it. A 44LB Blue on Cut Gill. :big_smile: Will probably go out again tomorrow. If the Crabs leave me alone I might go all week.

Attached Files:

2. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congratulations on a great fish. Thanks for sharing.

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Nice fish! You're killing 'em from the bank! Hate to think what you could do with a boat.

4. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    I have had some crabs messing with my bait but it is only in the shallow water. They don't mess with it in the deep water (channel).
    We have caught some nice ones in the main channel here lately.
    Mike

5. Catmanblues

Catmanblues New Member

State:
    S.E Ohio
    Getting some fish there Ramon. Congrats,,,

6. Blacky

Blacky New Member

State:
    Philadelphia, P
    You folks in Virginia are so so lucky to have such a great fishery!

7. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Congrats, Ramon. Way to go on the really nice fish. Keep it up.

8. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Congrats on the nice blue Ramon, hope the crabs leave you alone so you can fish all week!!!!:wink:

9. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Trust me I appreciate it everyday, before I moved to Virginia I thought a 20lb Cat was a dream fish. :smile2: My personal best before Va was a 10lb Flat. Now since May I've caught a 62lb blue, 44lb blue, 34lb blue, 32lb Flat, 31lb(blue-today), 29lb blue, 25lb Channel, 20lb blue and numerous 10-18lb Cats. Va is great. When the Army sends me somewhere else I will definetly have to return here for the fishing. :wink:

10. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Man I want a boat so bad, I want an 80lb + Cat. I will probably be moving to another duty station next summer and would like to accomplish that before I go. Im gonna get on somebody's boat sooner or later and hopefully they take me to a hole I will never forget

11. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Man Mike you are always catching nice ones, Im gonna have to link up with you one of these days and beg you to take me along on your boat lol. I will be your anchor boy, whatever you want (No Homo) lol :smile2:

12. bigblaze

bigblaze New Member

State:
    NC
    congrats on your fish and thank you for your service to our country!!!

13. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    Ramon6,
    PM sent. Lets go fishin!

14. karaep

karaep Member

State:
    Greenville, NC
    Way to go Mike, it's a blessing to have a boat and be able to take one of our servicemen fishing.

Good luck getting him on that 80 lber.

15. bluecat69

bluecat69 New Member

State:
    Tupelo, MS
    karaep,
    I understand how it is not having a boat, I fished from the bank for years and finally traded a laptop for a bass boat which I converted over to a catfish boat then a couple trips over to the desert (I'm military also) and I was finally able to afford a good catfishing boat.
    I try to take people fishing as much as I can cause I love to fish and anyone that appreciates catfishing like I do is always welcome on my boat.
    Hopefully we can put Ramon on a few good ones today. The big ones will be turning on soon and I want to be in the middle of the action when they do.
    My philosphy (sp?) is, the colder the better and no weather is too bad (except for the lightning).
    I was at the boat shop the other day and they ask me if I was going to winterize my boat. I told them that I fish year round but would change my lower unit oil. I guess they think that everyone parks their boat for the winter but mine see more use then than the summer time.
    Tight lines brother.
    Mike