James River 28 Septemeber

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by ramon06, Sep 29, 2009.

1. ramon06

ramon06 Well-Known Member

State:
    Alabama
    Just came back from Vacation to Texas, Chicago, Orlando and Georgia Sunday (well still on vacation till Monday lol) Anyway went out yesterday around 1000 to Dutch Gap with some Live/Cut Gills some Filleted Shad and Eel Chunks. Caught a 4.6 LB Channel on Eel Chunk at around 11 Just down from the Boat Ramp (my Favorite Spot). Moved spots at around 1200 cause the damn Crabs kept eating everything I tossed out wether I casted to the Middle of the river or just 20-30 yds from the bank :angry: moved all the way down to the bend about a mile down the way lol well at least it feels that long when you're carrying a load of crap down the river. I hadnt fished there in quite a while, same thing Crabs were even worse there, they would run and actually bend my rod down a little, everytime I reeled in my bait it was chewed to %$#*ing pieces. Did manage a 2lb Channel on Eel Chunk again. Got ticked reeled in my poles talked to a guy on the bank for a few hours then took a nap and headed down to a little sand bar not too far from the bend. Threw out and within 15 minutes caught a nice 20lber on a piece of cut Gill, was starting to get Happy then that freakin storm came. I threw on my Poncho and was gonna continue to fish and wait it out but the ol Lady called due to all the lightening and she B&%$#ed till I packed up and left and as soon as I got home the freakin rain stopped, but I'm going back out about 1 or 2. I know the bank fisherman are catching hell but do you Boat guys have this problem with the Crabs also? I'm assuming when november/december comes they all move to the Ocean due to the cold, please tell me im correct. I want so bad to take my Crab trap and just keeping catching them and torching them while I fish but I know there's too many and I would just be wasting my time. Maybe I should catch a trap full and bring them home and boil them, the Mexicans do it all the time on the bank where I fish, they just throw them right on the grill. Hope no one took that offensive Im by far racist. Anyway just wanted to share the report, left my friggin Digital Camera in the truck so all I got was these Crappy Cell pics of the 20LBer.

Attached Files:

2. CatsNstripers

CatsNstripers New Member

State:
    Smith Mountain
    Ha! good report, yea your best bet is to join the mexicans. Well for one thing, they are good to eat. I watched a group of Asian down at Oregon Inlet, OBX catch a mess of them, and ate them raw. 'lil extreme there for me. but do join in on the revenge of the crab and take several home for the boil or steam. There worth it. And Yes they'll move back to the ocean here soon....

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    I never had trouble with crabs, but I know alot of people do. You talking about blue crabs? If so, yummy!

Thanks for the report and congrats on the 20. You didn't waste any time hitting the river after getting back did you? :smile2: That's what I'm talking about!

4. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    Yeah thats a little too extreme for me, like that guy on Man vs Wild eating Catfish, salmon and frogs raw while their still flippin lol

5. ramon06

State:
    Alabama
    sure didnt im rigging up and im about to hit my bait pond and go right back out there till about 7-8 ish heck I may go all week, im on Vacation :smile2:

6. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Nice fish, Ramon! Congrats!

7. rclark

rclark New Member

State:
    Virginia
    You talking about crabs reminded me of a buddy back in HS.. He got the crabs:eek:oooh: and his mother was giving him homemade H**L and he told her not to give him H**L give it to his brother because he got them from his girlfriend!!:smile2::smile2:

Hope I didn't offend anyone!! But I laugh my azzz off still today when I think about it!!!!:smile2: