James River 12/6

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by tank3544, Dec 6, 2005.

1. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    well we had planned to fish sunday monday tuesday but the snow kinda shot yesterday .. we got back on the water today and despite the chill it was very worth it .. we caught 10 fish total and nothing under 20 pounds

here are the pictures of the best ones

mark with a 55lber
    [​IMG]

mark with a 45lber
    [​IMG]

phil with his best at 31lbs
    [​IMG]

2. BigKahuna

BigKahuna New Member

State:
    Charles Town West Virginia
    Beautiful Blues. What type of scale do you use for weighing them? Obviously your average fresh-water fish scale wont work. I will be headed down on the 16th of December for my first trip of the year. If we catch half the fish you guys caught, I would be more than happy.

3. basstardo

basstardo New Member

State:
    Williamsburg, VA
    I think Berkley makes a 65 pound digital scale that weighs in ounces, but I have found most of the digitals to be inaccurate. There are spring scales out there that will go up to 100, but don't do ounces. I think they are incremented in half or quarter pounds though.

4. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    Those are some great fish, I sure wish I had a river like that close to me...Yes I am jealous! :D

5. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    i think i got it at cabelas

its a true spring scale and you just hook it onto the net .. no harm done to the fish and very accurate .. no ounces but rounding to the nearest pound sure works for me

6. Maximus

Maximus New Member

Hey Tank...if I were you, I would look at getting your digital cameral replaced b/c it seems to be putting white areas in your pictures. ;)

--Maximus

7. BigKahuna

BigKahuna New Member

State:
    Charles Town West Virginia
    Yea, let us see where your honey hole is :D

8. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    HA HA...Funny...it does seem that his camera is malfunctioning! Hey Tank- Maximus is my buddy i told you i take fishing with me everytime....