James River 12/4

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by tank3544, Dec 4, 2005.

1. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    well not too many fish today .. we only ended up with 2 but one was a dandy

i have a new personal best at 65 pounds .. the other one was 15lbs

we should have had 3 more .. solid rod down hits but got off after a few seconds of fighting(contribute that to using too small of hooks, since we left the good ones in the truck) .. the bite was better than its been but still not to where i'd like it to be .. it was a GREAT december day no doubt

side note: bait was much much harder to come by today .. fish have pretty well moved to winter locations including the shad

for some reason image code is off .. no idea how to turn it on .. mods if you could display the picture in my thread?

[​IMG]

2. Leakyboat

Leakyboat New Member

Hey John,
    Great Fish buddy!What kind of setup do you have with your rod holder,across the back of your boat?I can just barley see it in your pic!You got a pic that shows all of it?
    LeakyBoat

3. catfishcentral

catfishcentral New Member

State:
    OK
    What a great bluecat!!! That James River sure does grow them bad boys big. Congrats on your catch.

4. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    Nice fish John!!

5. Bluecathunter

Bluecathunter New Member

State:
    Midlothian, Virginia
    Hey John awesome fish man. I told ya the bite is on. My batterry in the truck went dead and didnt get a chance to go this weekend but i plan on heading out one day during the week. Congrats on the personal best.

Next time lets see some background on those pics. :)