James River 12-01

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by wbtfish, Dec 1, 2007.

1. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    :angry: Had a tough day out there. Started off getting bait at deep bottom; successful. Took out , drove to JP, launched and went to flowerdew. within 10 minutes, one pole went down hard. Pried rod out of holder and fought for a minute or two, peeling drag, stuck to the bottom. finally got off bottom, rolled and threw the hook. Felt like a 50 or so. Set two- rod goes down hard again, buddy fights fish for a minute or so, got off. Looked like a biggun the way he was fighting. After that, nothing but dinks. Went in Herring creek to escape wind, more dinks. Fished a few spots below BH bridge, no bigguns. How did everyone else do today?

2. reddcat

reddcat New Member

State:
    Virginia
    we launched deep bottom at 6am ,bait was easy and fishing decent. we ended up with a 26,38 and a 50. fished 3: good ay30

3. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Nice catch Bruce.....glad to see that you did much better than I did.

Jerry

4. RandyH

RandyH New Member

State:
    VA
    out of the gap at 230pm with capt hugh and myself fished 3 day old bait in the cooler lol biggest was a little over 60 an the dank was 25 about 6 fish not bad fished about 630

5. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Yea...yea...yea...you guys make it sound so dang easy....I hope I too, can one day look back at my struggles and wonder why it was so tough....lol

BTW.....WTG.....& yep congratulations on the catch....yes I'm envious...lol

Jerry

6. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Berkley, what type of boat were you in? I was down in Flowerdew pretty much all day Saturday. I was in a white Cape Craft, Yamaha on the back. It did get a little choppy down there! The ride back sure was fun! lol Don't feel bad, I didn't fare much better. I noticed some of the guides came to Flowerdew, but packed up and left after a short time. The bite wasn't there Saturday I guess.

7. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Josh, we were in a tracker grizzly jon boat. we went into flowerdew creek for a bit, then hauled freight back upriver. I recollect the boat you described.

8. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Yep, saw you. You guys were alone when we got there. We setup just upriver from you. Saw you all go into the creek when the wind kicked up.

9. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I'm building a cabin for my boat this week. You will definately be able to recognize me then. I want to paint 'CATFISH CABIN' on the sides of it. it sure will be nice on those chchiilly days. Also got my gill net today, bait problems are a thing of the past! Gonna alternate between Deep Bottom and below JP. I have caught many nice fish all over, but fishing the same places over and over gets old. Personal best is 61 lbs in july just below BH Bridge. Hoping to get a 70 class fish soon. Gotta have goals or it gets boring. Hope to see some of you.

10. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    Good luck on the 70 pounder, It takes being in the right place at the right time... My guess would be from JP to down river past the power lines in the winter months...

11. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    Hey Berkley!!! Got any pictures of that catfish cabin????

12. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    How do you posts pics here?

13. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I think they are there.

Attached Files:

14. wbtfish

wbtfish New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Built this thing about a month ago and only used it once. I have been fishing out my uncle's boat since. A center console that will handle rough water better. This is an awesome catfishing boat though, and it is for sale. I want to get a Carolina Skiff 2180 DLX.

15. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    That's an awesome setup you got there! Perfect winter/bad weather setup!

16. blacksheep

blacksheep New Member

State:
    NC
    You can't beat that for getting out of the wind in the winter time... Good luck on selling the boat. I like those Carolina skiffs.....

17. muzkrat

muzkrat New Member

State:
    va.
    nice rig berkley. bet that thing is sweet on a cold night. james

18. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Nice boat man i really like that! That would have been nice to have today, snowed on us for 4 hours today but the bite was still on so i didnt care about the weather to much.