James River 11-22 and 23

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by mbandjb, Nov 26, 2007.

1. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Put in a DB on Thrusday and had a kinda hard time getting bait to the left of the ramp down to the no trepassing sign.
    Caught a few fish no big ones. Headed back to the ramp from up river about dark and decided to try to get bait for the next day.Put the net in about half way between the ramp and Woodsons rock got enough bait for the next day,,easy...
    Matter of fact, We met Powatan on the river the next day and gave some bait to him..Did not need to waste it.I think they had good luck!!!

Put in at DB again on Friday and fished from the barge pit back down to DG
    and then to DB loop...Could only manage a 10 lber.
    Aleast there was no skunk in the boat!!!:roll_eyes:

mikeb

2. justlearning

justlearning New Member

State:
    VA
    Mike....I saw your boat at the hotel.....but we left at 4:30 Friday morning... to meet Capt. Hugh at 5:AM. We met him at Dutch Gap so we wanted get there in time to cover the truck just incase the vultures showed up. Maybe we will get to meet you next time. Friday the fishing was a little tough that's for sure.

Jerry

3. jwfish

jwfish Member

State:
    columbus ohio
    Thanks for the report Mike I put in at deep bottom one day and had trouble getting cutter shad and had to put my net out.

4. Powhatan

Powhatan New Member

State:
    Virginia
    Hey Mike...thanks again for the bait.. we had pretty good luck on Friday.. my buddy caught two citations.. One of the big ones has someone else's hook in his mouth. Too deep to get out with the pliers we had.. does anyone have any recommendations for a good hook removal tool?

5. mbandjb

mbandjb New Member

State:
    Central Va
    Hey Justlearning,,4:30 was a bit early for us,(COLD too)I always try to put in at DB or JP.That way you don't have to worry about them birds..

Hey Powatan,Your are welcome for the bait..I glad that you guys had good luck:big_smile:In the past if a fish has the hook to deep I just cut the line as close as I can and the hook will rust and pass thru..

Jwfish,I think its better to get the bait on the right side down towards Woodsons Rock...

mikeb