James River 1/4: Bring on the Pain!

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by tank3544, Jan 4, 2006.

1. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Well the last 4 outtings I went home in pain thanks to throwing that darn cast net for hours on end. Today the cast net didn't pan out after 3 or 4 throws so I just dropped the gill net and filled it up in 2 minutes. Today I returned with my arm throbbing thanks to an amazing day on the water.

Matt and I hit the water (aka allgood) just before 7am to get bait. Proceeded straight to my favorite hole in the world and started the day off with a 48. That was quickly followed by 3 or so more fish.

We moved downriver about 100 yards and dropped anchor again. After landing two quick fish the best possible thing happened.

We had a TRIPLE HOOKUP. As Matt was reeling in his fish one of his other rods and one of mine went down pretty much at the same time. I held them both as he landed his new personal best 56 pound blue. The triple ended up being 56, 28, 19.

We didn't cover more than about 2 miles of river (maybe less) and remarkably we only didn't catch fish at 2 spots. However one of those we should have landed 2 or 3 more.

At the end of the day we had an absolutely ASTONISHING 453 pound total for the day. We could have easily surpassed 500 and possibly 600 but we had a few good fish get off.

As I mentioned in the beginning, my arm is SORE. And I sure can't wait to do it again. Pictures to follow when Matt gets them to me.

2. gottafish

gottafish New Member

State:
    Chesapeake, VA
    I hope you're not complaining about your arm!!! That's a good pain to have! :p

Good job Tank!!

/Scott

3. truck

truck New Member

State:
    williamsburg ohio
    Sounds like a great day :)

4. odominioncatter

odominioncatter Member

State:
    Elkin, NC
    Sore arm due to cast net=bad
    Sore arm due to major haulage=good

5. bearcat

bearcat Member

State:
    Nokomis, Illinois
    Hey Tank. When you mention that your arm is sore from catching so many big blues I find it hard to feel any sympathy for you. I do feel lots of jealousy though.

Sounds like you had a great day. Cant wait to see the pics.

6. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    LOL.....I know what you mean....most of the time I get the first one...lol :eek:

7. Katmaster Jr.

Katmaster Jr. New Member

State:
    Wilmington, NC
    And Tank.....Great Job! Diffently cant wait to see the pics.

Zakk :)

8. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    We definitely had a killer day out there. the triple hookup is one that i will remember forever...this was an awesome day! Here's a picture of my 56 pounder attached....! :rolleyes:

Attached Files:

9. tank3544

tank3544 New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    ok pictures as promised

first fish of the day 48
    [​IMG]

second fish of the day 39
    [​IMG]

the 3 fish from the triple hookup
    [​IMG]

matt's new personal best 56
    [​IMG]

10. Malligood24

Malligood24 New Member

State:
    Richmond, Va
    The triple was quite funny looking back on it. I had the 56 pounder on first...so John goes to get the net and my fish is still way out there...i look over and his rod goes down..im like "John- look at your rod!" so John picks up his rod with his right arm, still has the net for my fish in his left hand....all of the sudden, instantly my other rod goes down...I say "John- my other rod!!-it's down now! " (I coudlnt pick it up b/c i knew i had a monster fish on my first one and needed both hands on that rod....) so john drops the net, and has his rod in his right hand with a 19 pounder on it, and my other rod in his left hand with a 27 pounder on it and we were both in awe for a split second wondering what the heck we should do or how this would end up....but we ended up getting it done and the picture is above...needless to say, we were needing a good break b/c our arms felt like they were going to fall off for a few before we caught anymore fish-which wasnt long at all!

11. flathunter

flathunter New Member

State:
    Ohio
    I get jealous everytime I see pics from the James, Those are great bluecats!

12. Vacatfisher

Vacatfisher New Member

excellent catches man.....cant wait till i can get out there again and catch something

13. kayakgeek

kayakgeek New Member

State:
    Fredericksburg, VA
    Tank and crew.....
    6 hours of paddling my behind this past Monday w/o a nibble and pictures and reports like this will bring me right back to try another day.

Way to go..... :) :) :) :)