james 2/21 report

Discussion in 'VIRGINIA RIVERS TALK' started by stringbean, Feb 22, 2009.

1. stringbean

stringbean New Member

State:
    va
    launched around seven am had bad luck to start of with the hose that shoots the water out from the water pump was froze had no way to unthaw finally got it to work off to get bait took a few tries for bait but finally got enough to fish with after having my net break where my weight was attached so it didnt sit like i wanted it to off to the first hole thought it was gonna be a bad day the way it started off but first fish of the day was a hawg that weighed 52 pounds followed by a 42 pounder and a 32 pounder and a bunch of smaller ones all in all a pretty good day for a rookie still need to learn how to get depth fonder to read correct in shallow water if any one could lend a few tips i would appreciate it

2. Bill in SC

Bill in SC New Member

State:
    South Caro
    Numbers like that far outweigh the minor inconveniences you mentioned! Congrats on a GREAT day, and welcome to the BOC from sunny South Carolina!

Bill in SC

3. JPritch

JPritch New Member

State:
    Lynchburg, VA
    Great job out there. Pretty damn good day by anybody's standards!

I've had my pee hole frozen before, and found that it's usually right near the exit. So just need to insert something like toothpick size into the hole and it will usually free up the blockage.

4. Paraguayguy

Paraguayguy Active Member

State:
    Virginia
    Doesn't the Pee Hole stay closed on a 4 cycle until the motor warms. It works that way on the Yamaha 15 4 stroke I sold last year and on my 60 Merc.

Congratulations on a great day fishing.

5. freshbaitrules

freshbaitrules New Member

State:
    virginia
    I found out my 2 stroke (25hp Merc) has a thermostat. When I first got my boat the first thing we did was replace the water pump and found out it was not peeing! Yikes shut it down and called George @ Nauticle only to find out it does have a thermostat and was very happy, happy, happy!

6. Bomberman

Bomberman New Member

State:
    Spring Run, PA
    Nice fish. Way to go!

7. jeremiad

jeremiad Well-Known Member

Name:
    Unspecified
    Thanks for the fishing report, Chris. And welcome to the BOC! :0a25:

8. DanMan

DanMan New Member

State:
    VA
    That's how my honda works. Man I love my 4 stroke. Starts first time everytime.