Jaden's Snapping Turtle Pic's

Discussion in 'LOUISIANA RIVERS TALK' started by da-cajun-angla, Jul 19, 2006.

1. da-cajun-angla

da-cajun-angla New Member

State:
    louisiana
    My Potna Bobby Called Me Last Night And Told Me He Knows Of A Culvert(drainage Pipe) That Runs About 400 Yards By His House. It's About 8-9' Diameter. At About 11:00 P.m. Me, Jaden, My Potna Bobby, And His Two Kids Hopped In The Truck With The Pirogue And Headed To The Culvert. It Was A Steep 45deg, 12' Drop To The Ditch, So He Slid The Pirogue And The Kids One By One Down To Me And I Threw Them In The Pirogue, Grabbed The Bulleye, 9mm, And Entered The Culvert. One Thing U Have To Watch Out For Is The Alligators. These Culverts Haven't Been Entered Since They Were Built 40yrs Or So Ago...hence, Why I Bring The 9mm...there's Nowhere To Run, So U Better Be Prepared.the Water Was About Knee Deep And Crystal Clear. After About The First 25 Yrds. I Saw The First Snapper...ran Overto Him In My Neoprene Chest Waders, Stepped On His Shell, Made Sure Which Was Front And Which Was Back...and Grabbed Him. We Caught 8 Total. The Biggest One Being 37lbs. This Is The Smallest One We Caught. I Promised Jaden We Could Keep One...so We Did. Not A Good Pet, But A Cajun Boy's Pet To Say In The Least...right..lol...a Tad On The Wild Side, But A Great Experience For Us And The Kids...they Loved It!
    Hope Ya'll Enjoy The Pic's,
    Shaun

Attached Files:

2. teaysvalleyguy

teaysvalleyguy New Member

State:
    GC, OHIO
    Thanks for sharing, he is not scared at all. As long as he remembers to keep toes and fingers away he will be OK. Thanks for sharing the pic brother.

3. da-cajun-angla

State:
    louisiana
    I Have Some Other Ones Ill Be Posting Soon
    Shaun

4. IL Hunter

IL Hunter New Member

State:
    Normal, IL
    That kid is going to be the mastr of catching everything in the Bayou.

5. da-cajun-angla

State:
    louisiana
    I Think We've Almost Caught Everything Already..lol

6. Backwater

Backwater New Member

State:
    Tennessee
    Keep the pics coming.
    Reminds me of a service buddy of mine from Homa. He brought me home with him once to fish for reds and specks. Anyway those crazy cajuns decided to show the TN boy a party. We had smoked mullet, gar balls,turtle soup, bar-b-qued racoon, shrimp and crawfish, and gator tail. Tubs of iced down Jax. That was to hold us over till the pig was ready! I've never been around people who work harder, play harder. and grab more life out of everyday than those cajuns.
    Jeff

7. Gringoloco

Gringoloco Member

State:
    Ft. Belvoir, VA
    Name:
    Josh
    Aligators, wow I wouldnt be in that hole looking for turtles. I can catch a 20 foot anacoda, but I will not get close to a aligator/crocodile/caimen. I was chased my a caimen when I was in Panama, I had never been so scared in my life. I did the zig zag pattern to keep him from catching me, but those litter boogers are fast!

8. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    Nice turtle bro! Thanks for sharing.

9. catgetter1

catgetter1 New Member

State:
    louisiana
    That's sum boy ya got there, Looks like He' 100% cajun. I've got visions of him turning that turtle loose in Lake Crisco, along with anything else that walks, crawls,swims or fly's. Keep up the good work :haha:

10. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    :lol: LOL that boy's not scared of anthing.Last week playing with a gator now a snapper . Whats up on the menu for next week. Guess we'll just have to wait and see . Great pic ture you got there. Cleaned a few of them in the past. Pretty darn good eatin (if fixed right).