jackson lake

Discussion in 'GEORGIA LAKES / RESERVOIRS TALK' started by catfish1083, Sep 24, 2009.

1. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i was just wondering if any one fishes on jackson lake for big catfish? i live about 45 min. or so from there but i never hear of anyone catching big ones. i have caught a few small ones on dip bait and chicken livers but never tried for big ones and i was wondering if anyone else has:0a36:

2. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    well i guess there should be some big ones in there then, if no one fishes for them

3. flatheadslayer

flatheadslayer New Member

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    there are some good channels in there.they catch'm on shrimp.my brother fishes for them.ive not fished it in 10 yrs. not heard of any flats or blues above the dam.

4. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    thanks man. i figured there ought to be some in there some where. guess i will just have to devote some time to that place and see what i come up with.:big_smile:

5. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    have you ever tried towaliga river(not sure of spelling) ive caught 15 to 20 lb. channels outa there.caught the biggest channel ive ever seen there.its been about 8 yrs.sense ive fished for the channels there but theyve got to be there still.ive tried the flats several times with no luck.but i know their there cause ive seen others catchem.i just cant getem there.

6. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    i have only tried it a few times, but i usually do fish that area. i dont have a big boat so when i do go i stay up in the upper arms of the lake (it safer that way)

7. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    all i have is a 14' 48'' john boat.but its plenty big enough for there.i always put in at the swamp past the prison so i can fish at night.you can catch them from there all the way down to the big ox bow lake youll know it you prob. already do.but the best channel fishing ive found is from the brige to the creek right past the gas line.

8. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    are you talking about the river that runs into high falls?:confused2:

9. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    yeah big fish small river.

10. fishin4christ

fishin4christ New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Jackson has some nice flatheads in it. They are mainly caught up the rivers though. There was an article written about it in the Georgia sportsman. You can view it on their website.

He is talking about the lower end of the river, after high falls lake. It gets fairly wide right before it dumps into the ocmulgee.

11. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    i didnt know jackson lake had flats ive never fished for them there.i knew they were below the dam.im talking about the river above high falls theirs big fish in them little waters.

12. catfish1083

catfish1083 New Member

State:
    georgia
    thanks guys!:wink:

13. fishin4christ

fishin4christ New Member

State:
    Georgia
    My fault man. You responded before i finished my post, lol. I've heard of a few really big flatheads being caught up that way.

14. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    no preblem.ive seen some 40's come from up there,never caught one over 5 or 6 inches myself.(i put him in my fish tank).ive heard of 50 and 60's being caught on trott lines up there but never seen them.you no how that is,but i wouldnt bet against it though.i hooked something up there that muddied the river up but i was just fishing for channels at the time(i had never even seen a flat).but i didnt stand a chance with ten or 12 pound line.fixin to go sit on the bank til bout 11:30.

Last edited: Oct 8, 2009
  15. fishin4christ

fishin4christ New Member

State:
    Georgia
    Good luck man! Let us know how you do.

16. flatheadslayer

State:
    Thomaston, Geor
    nada!caught plenty of bait not a bite from a cat.plenty of skeeters bitin tho.wouldve thought they had slowed down with the cooler weather.