Jackson arrested

Discussion in 'UFC, Boxing, Wrestling, etc.' started by nitronostrils, Jul 16, 2008.

1. nitronostrils

nitronostrils New Member

State:
    IL
    Former UFC light heavyweight champion Quinton “Rampage” Jackson was arrested and held on $25,000 bail following a traffic accident Tuesday afternoon in Costa Mesa, Calif.
    According to Costa Mesa police Lt. Paul Dondero, an officer observed the 30-year old Jackson driving with a flat tire on his 2008 Ford F-350 pickup truck and talking on his cell phone (which recently became illegal while driving in Calif.) and attempted to pull him over.
    Dondero said Jackson, a resident of Irvine, Calif., ignored the officer and continued driving with the officer in pursuit.
    Police had received a report of a vehicle involved in a collision on the 55 Freeway in Costa Mesa, which struck other vehicles and fled the scene, Dondero said.

The chase continued with the vehicle weaving in and out of traffic, including at one point driving on the wrong side of the road and even on a sidewalk, scaring pedestrians.
    Dondero said Jackson hit two cars at 19th Street and Newport Boulevard at 1:13 p.m., but failed to stop. He said a Costa Mesa police officer saw the truck near 17th Street and attempted to pull it over.
    Jackson fled and hit at least one more car before the five-minute chase ended with his arrest, the lieutenant said.
    The car continued to Newport Beach, where the tire blew out and came off the rim and he was taken into the Orange County Central jail. The fighter was charged with hit-and-run driving, felony evading and reckless driving.
    UFC president Dana White flew to Orange County upon learning of the arrest and said he was driving to the county jail to post bail for Jackson.
    The story was initially reported by the website TMZ, which has photos of Jackson lying face down on the street behind his truck, a 2008 Ford F-350 turbo diesel, as a police officer has his gun drawn and is pointing it at him.
    Jackson won the UFC light heavyweight title by knocking out Chuck Liddell at UFC 71 on May 26, 2007. After a successful defense against Dan Henderson on Sept. 5, Jackson lost the belt to Forrest Griffin on a controversial decision at UFC 86 on July 5 at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.
    Jackson’s manager/trainer, Juanito Ibarra, did not immediately return phone calls.

2. CountryHart

CountryHart New Member

State:
    missouri
    I've never posted in this forum despite the fact i enjoy watching it on tv. I wanna see a rematch between him and Chuck.Thanks for the update and it goes to show regardless how tough a guy may be, enuff cops and your going down:smile2:

3. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Now if we only knew why he woudnt stop.....

Thats for posting the news.

-Jim-

4. Alex J

Alex J Guest

Yeah, was definitely expecting a DUI charge in there somewhere?

5. JimmyJonny

JimmyJonny Well-Known Member

State:
    sc
    Yea same here. There isn't a good reason not to stop other than, drunk, drugs, violation probation, suspended license or just a dumb @$$, LOL.

I didn't expect this kind of behavior for him to be honest. Hopefully we will know something soon.

-Jim-

6. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    That's what I wanna know. WHAT WAS HE ON?? I noticed though when looking up sources, that it has not been independently confirmed yet, and the pics could be of anyone with an F-350 with Rampage's likeness painted on it. See what pops up tomorrow. For now, I'm gonna keep just a scosch of skepticism.

7. Philiagorillia

Philiagorillia New Member

State:
    Missouri
    I bet anything he was either drunk or all coked up and ticked off at something or someone, still its no reason for anyone espically a huge icon of a fast growing sport to act like that. And for dana to personally fly out from vegas to LA to bail him out. If he dosent get any time and no suspensions from the UFC he is very very lucky.

8. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    intresting news. ill have to look into it too. keep the current news up if ya hear any guys.

9. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
  10. Larry Beever

Larry Beever New Member

State:
    Indianapolis Indiana
    Do what? And why? I really need more details
    about this. I thought Jackson was way above
    this type of activity. I've followed his career
    since the early days of his fighting in Pride.
    And dispite my backing Forrest in their recent
    fight I have always had a lot of respect for him. This is bad news for sure!

11. Flatheadhunter33

Flatheadhunter33 New Member

State:
    Yuma, Arizona
    I just hope that we're not looking at the start of a downward spiral for such a great fighter.

12. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Oh how the mighty have fallen. I particularly enjoyed watching him lose that last fight.

13. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    kind of went down hill since that lucky blow he caught chuck with.:smile2:

14. kat in the hat

kat in the hat New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Well, since it's been confirmed, all I gotta say is...oh well, I wasn't fond of him anyways. Maybe he can join EliteXC. Maybe Dana will just say oh well, and act like it never happened. Makes me no nevermind.

15. jlingle

jlingle New Member

State:
    Altus, Okl
    Well poop. I liked Rampage. Heck, I've even got a buddy who has a hogdog named after him. I thought he was a really entertaining and likeable guy on the ultimate fighter show. I like Forrest better, mainly because I think Forrest is insanely tough..... but I really do like Rampage. I hope he gets his crap together, I'd hate to see anybody go out like that.

16. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    yep. seems like the start of another mike tyson. he better shape up after this. a few more and folks will turn there heads.

17. FREESPOOL

FREESPOOL New Member

State:
    Edwardsville, Illinois
    My buddy saw something about it on some "Stars" tv show. They said there was a guy following the pursuit picking up pieces of the shredded tire and selling them on ebay. :smile2::smile2:

I can see this out of Rampage. He's the partying type. Hopefully Dana was able to scare some sense into him. :roll_eyes:

18. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name
    I believe there needs to be an, AGAIN, typed up on the title of this thread.

19. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    lmao. why doesnt that supprize me.:roll_eyes:

20. derbycitycatman

derbycitycatman Well-Known Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Name:
    your first name