Jackpot!

Discussion in 'LOCAL OHIO TALK' started by bigfish08, May 6, 2008.

1. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    well this evening i set out to start gathering bait for my first flathead outing this year. i went to a couple different places with the cast net and got a good amount of gills, well i decided to try a place ive never tried before and first cast with the throw net i got four carp from about 5 to 12 inches. every throw i was loading up on small carp, which in my opinion is in the top two big flathead baits. but anyway i filled the bait tank at home. so im ready for this weekend, im just happy because small carp are very hard to find and i've found the motherload!

2. tspergin

tspergin New Member

State:
    newark ohio
    just a heads up,catching gills with a cast net will get you a hefty fine,it is illegal in ohio,wouldnt want to see a brother get blindsided

3. jason454ci

jason454ci Active Member

State:
    Zanesville, Ohi
    I wouldn't be announcing to the world that you were illegally cast netting for bluegills. Congrats on the small carp though.

4. bigfish08

bigfish08 New Member

State:
    ohio
    thanks, i got the gills on wax worms..:wink: carp in the throw net... for the record., would it make a difference if the gills came from private pond? thats actually where they came from, i got the carp in a creek

5. thegavel

thegavel New Member

State:
    West Des Moines, Iowa
    Yeah, I read that wrong too, after a second read I got it though...

Good luck though brother... tight lines and no hefty fines!!!

6. brother hilljack

brother hilljack New Member

State:
    Shelbyville, TN
    Sounds like you are ready for a good fishing trip. Good luck and keep us updated.