Jack Plates

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by catfishray, Mar 5, 2007.

1. catfishray

catfishray New Member

State:
    texas
    I am looking into buying a jack plate for my boat it is a 16ft jon with a 4ft wide bottom and a 25hp motor. My main question is about the set back there are several sizes to chose from and did not want to only take the advise of the salesman. I am mainly looking for help getting over the gravel bars in the rivers.

2. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    Id be interest to hear the responses to this also. Im kinda in a similar situation. Those jack plates are kind of expensive. Ive got a long shaft 25 hp honda motor. Ive also got a 15 ft jon on its way. Im debating between a jack plate or just building the transom up a few inches with some 1/4 inch thick aluminum plates.

3. mtrimble

mtrimble New Member

State:
    oklahoma
  4. catfishray

catfishray New Member

State:
    texas
    Thanks for the input.

5. txthumper1691

txthumper1691 New Member

State:
    Temple, Tx.
    Mark, you took th words right out of my mouth. I tell ya, if you can do it yourself, why not. You save a bundle, and you get custom fit, and satisfaction of doing it yourself. I say take marks advice and do it yourself brother.

6. caatstalker

caatstalker New Member

State:
    oklahoma
    hey guys . ive got a 14 jon wth a 25 evenrude . i played with all the options. in duncan okla. (cmc power tilt /trim) allows u to rase motor to optimum prop pos. also lets u hit riffles wide open and trim up . ,i can from plane trim up and back down in just seconds ,not as good as a jet but close. mine fits up to 35hp . mounted it my self in about 1.5 hrs, ive had it 7years . only had to bye one relay. 13.00 at the local autoparts .all for about 400.00 if i bye a new boat im going to put this rigon it . how does your 25 push ur 16 wide?