jack plate info needed

Discussion in 'Bubba's Outboards' started by etrevino050, Mar 26, 2008.

1. etrevino050

etrevino050 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Does anyone know how to build a jack plate for a 50 hp motor, for a dogget hull ? Also i need a little info on a 1971 johnson 50 hp motor. i need to know how to take the carberator off and apart without screwing it up ?

2. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    This should do on the jack plate and now leave me a model number and I'll link you to a exploded picture of the carb.

3. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
  4. AwShucks

AwShucks New Member

State:
    Guthrie, Oklaho
    Ernest, the best thing I can tell you, and the most helpful thing also, is to get a manual for your particular motor. I have a 50hp Johnson/Evinrude with the electric shift on it. I believe that was the most common configuration for the 50's, While waiting for your manual to arrive, go to your public library and see if they have the manual. If so, they'll charge about fifteen cents a page to xerox what you need. The carbs only cover three or four pages, so it won't bankrupt you. BUT... and this is a big but, there is more to setting that motor to run right other than the carbs. You have to have a correct link 'n' sync, which is like the timing on an automobile. You have adjustments for the warm start, you have adjustments for the linkage. By the time you get a manual and do all those tests and settings, that old motor will purr like a kitten. It all starts with a manual.

5. etrevino050

etrevino050 New Member

State:
    Texas
    Well thanks guy for the info ! My grandfather and i tried to get it started today, but no luck. The motos has fire to it and it acts like it wants to start but doesnt. Also when i pump the gas into the motor it seems like its not going into the motor, because when i took the the cap off where the gas lines go into the motor gas came pouring out !