"Jack Frost Nipping at Your Nose"

Discussion in 'General Conversation' started by postbeetle, Jan 18, 2008.

1. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Imagine Bing Crosby singing that in rap. Thought I'd put this over in the joke section, but it ain't no joke.

How deep can your catfish get? Cover your peaches you Southern folk, we Northern boys are sending you a present. Wind chills to 30 below zero here tonight. If you have an out house you may be (....) out of luck as that old proverbial saying goes. Cut the firewood, put plastic on the windows and don't open the front door anymore than you have to.

Sorry folks I am just letting you know. I don't make the weather, I just like to talk about it. Heheh.

2. willcat

willcat New Member

State:
    texas
    You can keep it up there, I don't like it when it freezes here or gets down to 30 or so. I would'nt come outside up there till it got back into the 40's at least!!!

3. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    Janny,

I have hyacinths coming out of the ground, dogwoods and rhododendrons trying to bud, but that happens about every year anymore. They will still come back without me covering them and bloom in the spring and summer.

Sure glad I don't have an outhouse anymore, or the dreaded indoor potty. WHEW! Course one never knows, may have one again someday.

We had a spot of snow yesterday that melted by afternoon, but it's suppose to come tomorrow and then turn Yankee cold by Sunday night.........(no offense to Yankees). Haven't run out to the store yet, and really don't intend to.

Thanks for the advice on my "Little Man". He has always had allergies and what seemed like asthma, so I'm trying the Amoxcillin for now. He eats like he is starved, so that's a good thing, isn't it?

Ahhhhh, he has given me some great years,
    Milena

P.S. Hug Nancy from me. Been meaning to tell you that I love the picture in your profile. Beautiful scenery!

4. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

Can't you be an Indian giver just this one time? I was looking at my weather channel report here on the computer, it says 32 tonight, 20 tomorrow night, 16 the night after that. Significant snowstorm comin' in. Snow's fine with me, teen temperatures....not that great. BRRRR.

No peaches, so CHECK. Don't need firewood (fireplace too old no firebrick), so CHECK. Plastic on the windows, CHECK. Will only open door just a smidge once to let in seafood delivery person, so CHECK. Let me know if I need to add anything else to my list.

Looks like I might have to go :0a18:.

5. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think thy outlawed the outhouse here in Ga,
    get caught digging a hole and trying to push the big box over it and you'll go to jail,or lose some neighbors which ant a bad thing,that's a good thing,I think??:wink::big_smile:
    it's going to get pretty cold but not that bad here.thank's for the big chill but keep the rap:crazy: bro LOL:wink::big_smile:

6. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    I think postbeetle wonts my peaches to freeze but it ant happenin!!! :eek:oooh:I'm puttin on two pair of long handles.:wink::big_smile:

7. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    If Murphy has anything to do with it, more than likely I'll have to be out in it for some lame reason...:smile2:

8. Catgirl

Catgirl New Member

For some reason this is reminding me of a Steve Miller Band song :big_smile:. But I think he was referring to a different kind of peaches :eek:oooh:.

9. Plowboy411

Plowboy411 New Member

State:
    Georgia
    the post master P.B.is so good at twisting things I wonted to see what he did with my crazy post to smack me with.he is good at what he dose,LMAO:big_smile:

10. JERMSQUIRM

JERMSQUIRM New Member

State:
    il-waynesv
    well he wont be nipping at my nose,lol. i got the fires stoked and i aint going out side unless its to warm up the truck or get wood. either will be quick. its a flat 5 here now.

11. Cheryl

Cheryl Well-Known Member

State:
    TN
    John,

Are your fingers frozen to that keyboard?

We didn't get any snow, seems to be falling south of here, in places that don't normally get snow.

Come and let us know you and Nancy are OK.

Cheryl

12. bootshowl

bootshowl New Member

State:
    Indiana, J
    I don't believe this global warming thing they keep talking about....but it's getting strange for sure. 18 now and going down to 8 this morning they say. And for other things have happened; we've been lucky in the Ohio Valley part of the country.....usually we aren't.
    I always worry for the homeless folk when it gets like this. Don't take long to freeze to death in temps like this. And some around here are too "ill" to come in out the cold. Sad when it happens.
    For all her beauty, nature can be a mean bitch.
    :sad2:

13. Arkansascatman777

Arkansascatman777 New Member

State:
    AR
    It will be nipping at my nose, toes and other parts of my anatomy the next couple of days:eek:oooh::smile2:. We will be chasing the elusive skip's in the morning and hit Kerr Lake Monday for some blues. Yeah I know we don't have good sense:wink::eek:oooh::smile2:.

14. Reel_Blues

Reel_Blues New Member

State:
    Virginia
    I love cold weather,ship it on down here.:big_smile:

15. river1214rat

river1214rat New Member

State:
    West Point, KY
    I'll just be glad when Spring gets here!!!! :cool2:

16. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Two in the morning here, Sunday January 29th. Thirteen below zero now. It was 13 below zero yesterday morning. Will bottom out at 20 to 30 below tonight. Light winds will put the wind chills at below - 30 degrees.

Just another normal day. Didn't get as much snow as they predicted. More coming Monday though. Bird feeders so packed with birds can't see the feeders. We have a Merlin hawk striking the feeders. Birds would usually disappear when he grabbed one of their buddies. Now the hawk will strike and as he eats one of their friends they will continue to feed at the feeders.

Eagles have all disappeared to the river and the lock and dam. Latest count at Bellevue Lock and Dam at well over a thousand birds. Usually have about 400 here.

Had a fire in our town. Burned half a business block downtown. They almost lost it and it would have consumed the entire block and god knows what else. Will probably post a story in Gen Conversation about it. I need the posts, gives me an excuse to get another post. Hehheh.

Talk at ya some more in another place. Gotta go put another dining room chair in the fireplace.

John.

17. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    Only -6 here... maybe because I'm 9 days behind you...:smile2:

18. postbeetle

postbeetle New Member

State:
    Iowa
    Just my age Jeb. My brain cells are deteriorating faster than I thought. Either that or I am subconsciously hastening my own demise. Or my fingers were so c-c-c-c-cold I missed they right key. At any rate my money is on the Packers today. I wish I had some of that analgesic they are going to be smearing on themselves.

Imagine the booze they are going to try and sneak in that stadium today. I'll bet guys take up smoking again just to keep their faces warm.

19. splitshot

splitshot New Member

State:
    Coxsakie,N.Y.
    Its a balmy 8 here this morning, supposed to go below 0 tonight. So far this winter we have had 38 in. of snow, more on the way today. Stay warm folks!!

20. Kat-tamer

Kat-tamer New Member

State:
    Missouri
    Weather man said we was gonna have wind chills below 0 for a couple of days, so I bought enough groceries that I wouldn't have to leave the house at all today!

Too bad Matt had to work, so if I forgot anything, he can pick it up, since he's already out.:smile2: