J.W. Dreadnaught smashes new Record

Discussion in 'Blue Catfishing' started by DeerHunter01, Dec 31, 2006.

1. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    News alert out of Henderson Kentucky:

J.W. Dreadnaught AKA Bluecat King has now smashed the all time 2006 record from a 6.0 Pound Bluecat to a all new stunning 34 1/2 pound bluecat caught on the Ohio River out of Henderson Kentucky, sources say he was going against what he has told many fishermen that there is no fish above the Henderson Bridge. But rumor has it he turned his boat up river this morning and going against what he preaches to all Catfishermen, he smashes his all time record near a stunning 60 foot hole in the Ohio River.

Channel 25 Helicopter flew over his boat about two hours ago and reported that the boat was close to the Indiana side of the river and it looked as he had a new fishermen with him showing him how to catch stunning fish, but we will have to wait until we get fresh information from the catfish Guru himself, Stay tuned to channel 25 at 6:00 PM CST on the BOC news channel.

This is roving reporter
    D/H

JW from the BOC Staff Congratulations you didn't wait until the last day of the year to pull this off did ya !!
    What a fish !! New years eve blue kitty...

Attn: News 25 Helicopter just flew over and got this photo, of maybe the fish JW caught.. we are not sure but it could be the one !! they stated he had it in his arms for over two hours before his buddy pushed him into the water as JW gave a struggle not wanting to let go of it..

Attached Files:

2. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    J.W. should be coming off the river soon, and we sure hope we got some pictures of this baby, I just hope his batteries didn't go dead !! :eek:oooh:

3. Redd

Redd New Member

State:
    Southeast Kansas
    Gotta hand it to ya Jaydubya...that's a nice fish. And quite a "stunning" picture, aswell. You gotta tell me, where ya got them gloves. My girlfriend's gotta birthday comin' up and those are just her color. Gotta say, they're yours too though. lol. Have a good 'un. And maybe you should lay off whatever it was you was drinkin' when you bought the boat aswell. haha.

-Red

4. catfishjohn

catfishjohn New Member

State:
    Greenup Co. KY
    The way I heard the story...I was told that it was all possible with Danny being there.Maybe Danny caught the fish? Maybe there was no fish?!? Will the world ever know??????
    If only his batteries didn't die...

5. TIM HAGAN

TIM HAGAN New Member

State:
    Walkersvil
    Thats funny DH I was told that the fish market out there had a 34 1/2 blue cat for sale today. They said it was half price today only was JW try to save money on the last day of the year.:lol:

6. Itch2Scratch

Itch2Scratch New Member

State:
    Ivy Bend on LOZ, Missouri
    A year end Fish Truck Sale?:amazed:

7. MRR

MRR New Member

State:
    Louisiana,Mo.
    You guys just ain't right.Sure is some pretty colored gloves and boat thought:lol: .Fish looks bigger than the boat.:roll_eyes:

8. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    All kidding aside, Its nice to break that 6.0 Pound fish for the year on the last day of it, now lets start the New year out with a bang !! Lets see if you can start out with a 34 pounder now !! Congratulations John job well done !!

9. DeerHunter01

DeerHunter01 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    I think as hard as this man fished this year for a big cat we should make him the center fold of the BOC !!! All in favor say I !!!! :cool2:

10. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Something I need to know before I vote ...
    If my memory serves, centerfolds tend to be wearing about as much cotton as you find in the top of an asprin bottle ... would that be the case for Dreadnaught?
    :waaaht: :ah: EVERYBODY RUN !!!! :0a20:

:)0a33: ) :smile2:

11. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    I think that it is great that Jw "caught" that nice fish, but out of whose boat was it so called caught from? lol

I am just jokin with ya buddy.

12. Dreadnaught

Dreadnaught New Member

State:
    Henderson,Ky
    What a way to end the year!!!!!
    I caught my PB Bluecat today as well as one more that beat my yearly record of 6lbs. It was a beautiful day on the river as well, temp was an astounding 63 degrees, partly cloudy skys, and the river was on a slow fall. The river was at 24.68 @ 217kcfs, Wind out of the WSW 10 to 12mph.Dankitch and, his son Danny and I went out at around 11:00am this morning. we decided to try a spot that neither of us had tried before. We marked a few solitary fish along the edge of the main channel and decided to try our luck.Though it was only 28' deep we dropped anchor above them to see what would happen. We got hit after hit but no takers untill 1:30pm. Man what a hit.... when I set the hook, he just sat there(no big run). I knew then that the dry spell was over. It took about 5 minutes to land it and to my surprize it was a really nice one, 34.7lbs.
    We only caught two more. I caught one more(8.1) and Danny caught an 11.3. Batteries in the camera went dead taking the pics of the first one, Sorry!!!
    Over all it was a great Day on the Ohio River!!!

13. FishBrew

FishBrew New Member

State:
    North Texas
    Congrats. Good job big guy. That one sure is purty!!!

14. bigcatmaniac

bigcatmaniac New Member

State:
    California Miss
    That is a nice fish there, good job. Glad to hear that people are starting to catch a few.

15. Bubbakat

Bubbakat New Member

State:
    McMinnvill
    Good looking Blue JW and I will make a trip up that way here soon and install you an outside power source for that camara.:lol:

16. billcatfish

billcatfish New Member

State:
    evansville Ind
    man if he,s got that boat painted pink now im not going to be ride in it way to go jw hope to see that fish

17. slimcat

slimcat New Member

State:
    marion kentucky
    Way to go J.W. that is a nice bluecat. Hope to see you double that next year.:lol:

18. Believer

Believer New Member

State:
    Greenwood, AR.
    That's one pretty fish there. Only one problem, it's blue and not pink! LOL

19. fisherman94580

fisherman94580 New Member

State:
    Kentucky
    Nice fish, i wish i could hook into one like that!

20. Ol Man

Ol Man New Member

State:
    Illinois
    I think that may be overkill...:lol:

~~~~~~~~~~
    Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young. The greatest thing in life is to keep your mind young. ~~Henry Ford.